Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Agree that should be looked but not this Sat, City full-backs as shown against United will punish that space if not tracked.

Aye definitely. Personally, like I've touched upon in another thread today, I'd actually go a little bit outside the box on Saturday and play:

------------Kozak------------

Bennett--------------Lowton

-Delph--Sylla--Westwood-

Luna--Baker--Vlaar--Bacuna

-----------Guzan-------------

What?? Bennett and Lowton on the wings? Effectively playing with 6 defenders(if Bacuna rb), wasn't McLeish slaughtered for that type of tactics?

Agree that should be looked but not this Sat, City full-backs as shown against United will punish that space if not tracked.

Aye definitely. Personally, like I've touched upon in another thread today, I'd actually go a little bit outside the box on Saturday and play:

------------Kozak------------

Bennett--------------Lowton

-Delph--Sylla--Westwood-

Luna--Baker--Vlaar--Bacuna

-----------Guzan-------------

What?? Bennett and Lowton on the wings? Effectively playing with 6 defenders(if Bacuna rb), wasn't McLeish slaughtered for that type of tactics?

Bennett and Lowton are both fine crossers of the ball, and their defensive side of play is arguably their weakest aspects. They'd be playing as wingers, but ones with a more defensive slant, so you'd get more protection. Bennett in particular is better suited to be a winger than a defender IMO, and I believe Lowton could do both jobs just fine

I don't know, No Agbonlahor or weimann? I wouldn't pick Bennett myself but Lowton on the right side of midfield might work.

It wouldn't be something id look at as a long term thing, but for certain games. andi isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment, gabby you could bring in for kozak, but would he benefit as much from crossing?

One of the problems with that formation is that we wouldn't get enough players in the box and the crosses would be wasted. You're leaving us with very limited goal scoring opportunities. Agbonlahor and Weimann are the only two players we have currently fit with a proven goal scoring record in the Premier League.

I'd rather lose trying to win.

That formation would leave the striker completely isolated and nullified.

What Villa lack in defensive positions is an outball.

On Tuesday, we were clearing the ball, but no one was there! It was painful to watch.

I'd rather gamble and lose 3/4 that we'd score a couple ourselves rather than just roll over and die with that particular formation/use of players.

No way we should do that, absolutely no way. 

• Like 2

Be nice, should he play against Citeh, if he could stick one of those 30yd fizzers away. I think he's maybe trying a bit too hard, but when he nails one I reckon its going to a little bit special.

Its going to happen sooner or later. Would be lovely if he scored the winning goal with a 30 yard screamer tomorrow. We would all be eulogising about him on here if he did.

It baffles me how anyway can say he's not good enough or he won't ever make it here when he's only started a game twice. Jesus, give him a bloody chance..

Exactly - it took Petrov a season to settle and he came from a far similar league. 

Tbh he has talent, he can beat a man and has shown he can whip a ball in... He's a long term project... What do you expect for the price tag of £1m... Yes he will do things wrong but we are all human, give the lad a chance too, he's not even been in the country 4months and yet some are writing him off as a dud and a flop? For the love of McGrath -_-

Â