Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Can't believe we're going in at half time losing. Looked decent tbf. The fact the defence is an issue being highlighted to all isn't a bad thing either.

Yes cant understand all the negativity about the performance. Defence was poor over both goals. Bennett has prob been our best defender.

That's more an indictment about how shit our entire defence is than praise of Bennett. Did you see his attempt at defending the cross for their first goal? He's a **** joke.

The ****? Why is everyone on Sylla? I thought he had a terrific match so far, has done a lot of nice things. Has surely made some mistakes none the less, but he has looked good many times as well....

• Like 1

I don't care how good Lambert thinks we are, if we don't strengthen the defence we will struggle every season.

Look at Boyce, the concentration and determination, and that's the captain of a relegated team, not even saying he's that good but we have nothing like that.

Not all experienced defenders require hollywood wages so that argument is bollocks, whatever young hungry talent we uncover that is half decent we will have to pay more to stay after a season anyway.

Goodness me does it ever end with this awful defence, Our leading scorer this season is the Own goals column isn't it?..Unbelievable

No, Christian Benteke is our leading scorer.  hes a striker from Belgium

The ****? Why is everyone on Sylla? I thought he had a terrific match so far, has done a lot of nice things. Has surely made some mistakes none the less, but he has looked good many times as well....

Overall he has been decent. I think he has been a very good signing for the money and I think he'll continue to improve a lot next season. But he certainly hasn't had a terrific match today thus far.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

All I can say is we need to get a new defence next year ( bar Guzan and Lowton) championship beckons if no funds are given to Lambert, this is by far the worst defence I have seen at our club iits like we don't do defence training!

Yes he's done some good things but has been a bit wasteful at times

Scary thing is that as things stand if it had come down to last day with Wigan needing to beat us & all the other teams on the points they are on now & with results as they are at HT.... we would have been relegated... Thankfully it doesn't matter too much apart from making us look crap

Well, well, disastrous defending undoes a promising attacking start.

There's a surprise. 

I think it's really quite important we win this and end the season on a high. Get down to it with your team talk, Lambert!

All I can say is we need to get a new defence next year ( bar Guzan and Lowton) championship beckons if no funds are given to Lambert, this is by far the worst defence I have seen at our club iits like we don't do defence training!

We've probably had worse but I'm struggling to think of a worse Villa defence in the top flight.

---------------------Guzan--------------------

Zabaleta---Ivanovic---Ferdinand---Evra

------------Carrick-------Toure-------------

Van Persie---------Mata-------Bale
--------------------Benteke---------------

Garth Crook's team of the season

---------------------Guzan--------------------

Zabaleta---Ivanovic---Ferdinand---Evra

------------Carrick-------Toure-------------

Van Persie---------Mata-------Bale

--------------------Benteke---------------

Garth Crook's team of the season

What's Toure done this season? Typical Crooks.