Lawro Sorrow & Gobby Savage - How Wrong Can You Be?

villa-revolution

Im not sure what all the Lawro hate is about. We ourselves spent the season pretty much predicting we would lose each game. 'we go again' the vast majority joked week after week. And like others said, a lot of us predicted relegation too.

And as for Lawro thinking we are pretty irrelevant. Well we are really. To an outsider, based on the last 3 years of the premiership, we are about as irrelevant as it gets. They have been instantly forgettable season to Villa fans. God knows what non villa fans think.

Paul Lambert was absolutely 100% right with his "We go again" what did the fans want to hear " It's okay, we just roll over & die?" What else could we possibly do but "Go again" ? It's testament to Lambo's strength of character that he personally was able to keep it all together, go again & turn it around. Lesser men would have crumbled. It also says a lot for Paul Faulkner & Randy Lerner that they didn't panic or pander to any knee jerk reactions at a time when the manager needed their show of support.

Yes Lawro thinks we are irrelevant, our 1981 Championship & 1982 European Cup win saw to that. I personally do not give a monkey's toss how outsiders perceive our Club because to be perfectly frank I wouldn't cross over the road to watch Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool or Hartlepool Utd because they are all irrelevant to me.

Yes, the past 3 seasons have been difficult, but that is because we were derailed by the controversial departure of Mon & only now are we really beginning to show true signs of turning it all around so that we can once again re-emergence as a Club to be feared by our rivals & to oncemore begin challenging for honours.

The bottom line is that it is Lawro as a pundit who is irrelevant & his predictions prove it.

• Like 1

What that person said about Savage's dad is awful but Savage deserves plenty of abuse for what he tweeted last night.

By the looks of the article it seems that he was trying to provoke Villa fans by mocking us for celebrating avoiding relegation. I'm more than happy for people to tweet that he's a prick, bellend, ****, nob, clearing in the woods, word removed, tool or anything else for that matter. But to talk about his family, in particular his deceased father, is disgusting.

Edited by jacketspuds

Im not sure what all the Lawro hate is about.

Please refer to my post on page 3 of this thread.  It's not about Lawrenson vs Villa, it's Lawrenson vs football.  He's a dreadful commentator, a terrible pundit and his lack of knowledge in the game is unprecedented.  The BBC stand religiously by this behemoth of inadequacy as if he is the only presenter available, while Sky have picked Gary Neville straight off the pitch who is doing an infinitely better job, despite being many years younger than the aging scouser.

^^^Agree with that. Sky have blown the BBC out of the water with the quality of their analysis now they have Gary Neville.

Maybe they just got lucky though. Remember they had Andy Gray and Richard Keys until certain, er, unfortunate incidents, so their judgement hasn't always been so shrewd.

Lawro is a bland, monotoned cock.  Who knows very little about football.

Savage is a wind up merchant; he actually changed his prediction after we won at Liverpool saying we would stay up, before telling everybody during our horrific January that he had said from the start we would go down.  He is a troll, pure and simple, and as Villa fans we are trolled by him far too easily.

People I know who have met him say he's actually a top bloke, and very funny. Personally, I think he's a word removed.

• Like 1

Lawro is a bland, monotoned cock.  Who knows very little about football.

Savage is a wind up merchant; he actually changed his prediction after we won at Liverpool saying we would stay up, before telling everybody during our horrific January that he had said from the start we would go down.  He is a troll, pure and simple, and as Villa fans we are trolled by him far too easily.

People I know who have met him say he's actually a top bloke, and very funny. Personally, I think he's a word removed.

Correct Claretman. Savage is a wind up merchant & therefore this deliberately attempted wind up has come back to bite him on the bum. 

A simple reminder then to Lawro & Gobby...................He who laughs last laughs longest, so here is my deliberate message for you & your crap predictions:

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

It's sad that our licence fee pays for this type of football analysis, if I wanted it I would listen to Talksport, (which I do because even the preachy Collymore shits over them). Add them to the hilariously bad Garth Crooks its fair to say the BBC no how to pick them. Even the once great Hansen is boring and predictable now.

Then they decide to put that annoying clearing in the woods Colin Murrey on MOTD2, I have no idea who's running this shit but they need shooting.

Hansen & co needs to be replaced, they've been at it far too long and probably grown tired of it, BBC needs to bring in some new quality blood into MOTD but are there any ex-players and managers who could offer good punditry? I'd bring in Sir Graham Taylor but I don't think he'd be interested anymore.

Im not sure what all the Lawro hate is about.

Please refer to my post on page 3 of this thread.  It's not about Lawrenson vs Villa, it's Lawrenson vs football.  He's a dreadful commentator, a terrible pundit and his lack of knowledge in the game is unprecedented.  The BBC stand religiously by this behemoth of inadequacy as if he is the only presenter available, while Sky have picked Gary Neville straight off the pitch who is doing an infinitely better job, despite being many years younger than the aging scouser.

Lawrenson is an advert for Prozak! To be honest all the BBC pundits are crap.  I'd rather have an ex bluenose Steve Clarridge, I agree about Gary Neville he's a class above

Alan Shearer is terrible and the fact he was taught at the Steve Davis school of charisma just adds layers to the tedium of his analysis. Alan Hansen is as smug as his fat BBC salary but hasn't got the wit of Jeremy Clarkson and like Lawro, you can tell he only wants to say good things about Liverpool.

Pat Nevin is probably the best BBC pundit since Lee Dixon, who got poached by ITV.

Sometimes Dion Dublin is good but he also seems a bit vain. It's like the BBC pick pundits completely at random.

Since Lee Dixon was a pretty good pundit, and Lee Dixon was a right back like Gary Neville, they should get a right back. Fullbacks seem to be humble, impartial and insightful.

Robbie savage is entitled to his opinion of where he thought the villa would finish....just like anyone else, it's a free world.

The tragedy here is that his history of despising the villa is poorly camouflaged by him and for an ex professional footballer, I think his comments hold little value particularly talking about us.

He would do well, to find other material to write or comment about that will serve his credibility better.

^^^Agree with that. Sky have blown the BBC out of the water with the quality of their analysis now they have Gary Neville.

Maybe they just got lucky though. Remember they had Andy Gray and Richard Keys until certain, er, unfortunate incidents, so their judgement hasn't always been so shrewd.

Thing is, Richard Keys and Andy Gray were still millions of times better than Savage, Lawrenson, Hansen, Shearer and co...

to be fair, and not being biased, i think andy gray is one of the best, hes able to go into detail, unlike the scouse loving crooners lawro and hanson, its time the bbc moved them on to sweeping the bbc corridors

colly is good as well, and even though i hate shearer and hated him as a player, i think hes good as well, hes not as biased

as for motd2, i cant stand murray either, but im not keen on the league presenter either, cant remember his name

Â