Lawro Sorrow & Gobby Savage - How Wrong Can You Be?

villa-revolution

Shearer is so boring, comes out with the most obvious comments. Took him about 2/3 of the season to realise Benteke was any good.

You're so right! Shearer could bore for England. He wasn't last in line when personalities were being handed out. He wasn't in the queue at all!

Murray is okay, but I think about a hour a week of him on Fighting Talk is about enough frankly. Mind you I would have him over 'chappers'.

Chappers?  Wasn't he a gormless, talentless,  talk-through-your-nose sidekick/hanger-on of BBC uber-spastic Moyles?  How this bloke gets a career in football punditry/commentary is beyond my comprehension...

He wasn't on the Chris Moyles show.  He was the Radio 1 sports news reporter and ended up doing a bit on the Scott Mills show.  I'm pretty sure he has a sports journalist background and he seems a decent presenter to me, he's never been a pundit or commentator.  He's far less annoying than Colin Murray.  My old man worked for the BBC and bemoans the fact that Sky overtook them and now have the pick of the cameramen, directors, pundits etc and the Beeb often rely on freelance or outsourcing.  They just aren't number 1 any more, though some of the complacency MOTD has shown is ridiculous.

As a pundit, Munish who does the football league show is really good

Would prefer him on MOTD to Lineker and have Pat Nevin promoted to replace Hansen And Shearer

Im not sure what all the Lawro hate is about.

Please refer to my post on page 3 of this thread.  It's not about Lawrenson vs Villa, it's Lawrenson vs football.  He's a dreadful commentator, a terrible pundit and his lack of knowledge in the game is unprecedented.  The BBC stand religiously by this behemoth of inadequacy as if he is the only presenter available, while Sky have picked Gary Neville straight off the pitch who is doing an infinitely better job, despite being many years younger than the aging scouser.

And that is a reason to hate him?

As a pundit, Munish who does the football league show is really good

Would prefer him on MOTD to Lineker and have Pat Nevin promoted to replace Hansen And Shearer

I think Lineker is the only decent thing about MOTD.

Colin Murray thinks MOTD2 is all about him and his worthless football opinions.

Colin Murray was the best thing about all of the MOTD[1234567]s combined. An intelligent opinionated person who didn't shy away and made sense. If I disagreed with something he said then I could always respect why he held a view and I could see how he arrived at it. He's the exact opposite to all of the shit that appears on MOTD.

Colin Murray was the best thing about all of the MOTD[1234567]s combined. An intelligent opinionated person who didn't shy away and made sense. If I disagreed with something he said then I could always respect why he held a view and I could see how he arrived at it. He's the exact opposite to all of the shit that appears on MOTD.

Really?

Really?

Genuinely. I find him interesting because I know that what he's going to say isn't going to be the saccharin shit that falls from everyone elses mouth on that staid programme. I find him worth watching whereas I find everyone else on MOTD utterly and completely useless. I also like the fact that you always get the impression he's having to hold back on phrasing his opinions in a way that he shouldn't.

+1 for this.

Cannot understand the hate for Murray at all, we appear to be in a particularly small minority.

Colin Murray can't be that good. He's getting replaced next season and being palmed off onto NFL coverage or something

He's being replaced because he's too opinionated. It doesn't sit well with the suits to have a livewire who could say anything at a moments notice. Similar to how that ginger guy was dropped from Sky's Spanish coverage for not being 'corporate enough'. "Toe the line or piss off".

Colin Murray can't be that good. He's getting replaced next season and being palmed off onto NFL coverage or something

Oh god, say it ain't so. The English NFL coverage is actually good.

Im not sure what all the Lawro hate is about.

Please refer to my post on page 3 of this thread.  It's not about Lawrenson vs Villa, it's Lawrenson vs football.  He's a dreadful commentator, a terrible pundit and his lack of knowledge in the game is unprecedented.  The BBC stand religiously by this behemoth of inadequacy as if he is the only presenter available, while Sky have picked Gary Neville straight off the pitch who is doing an infinitely better job, despite being many years younger than the aging scouser.

And that is a reason to hate him?

It's not hate, he is just so inadequate he should not be anywhere near the pinnacle of football critique on supposedly the world's leading broadcaster.  What do you think he brings to the table?

Fans of a football club always predict higher then what others fans will say about the said club,

Savage was no different to any other fan, most said villa were shit and were going down (at the start of the season).

Even fans from Wigan and Fulham, etc... think we're shit, it's only us Villa fans that think we're top top club (until when it was obvious) because we love the club and love the players.

Savage was no different to most other fans in his prediction to Villa.

Â