Lawro Sorrow & Gobby Savage - How Wrong Can You Be?

villa-revolution

I don't recall that many fans predicting Villa would go down.

Savage is a repugnant character. But from early in the season until the last 2 months there was every reason to believe that his prediction was going to come true. And, given that we have finally become safe with only 1 game to go, we have scarcely rammed his words back down his throat. There are many reasons to loathe this preening, wibbling oaf but predicting our relegation, and nearly being proved right, is hardly one of them

Pretty sure savage backtracked after we smashed the dippers At anfield

Yes he changed his mind. The majority of posters on this forum thought Villa would go down.

No they **** didn't!  There's even a poll which states your post is incorrect.  It was only something like 42% which thought we would be relegated.

Pretty sure savage backtracked after we smashed the dippers At anfield

Yes he changed his mind. The majority of posters on this forum thought Villa would go down.

No they **** didn't!  There's even a poll which states your post is incorrect.  It was only something like 42% which thought we would be relegated.

You can change your vote. For most of the season, yes votes outnumbered the no's

Im not sure what all the Lawro hate is about.

Please refer to my post on page 3 of this thread.  It's not about Lawrenson vs Villa, it's Lawrenson vs football.  He's a dreadful commentator, a terrible pundit and his lack of knowledge in the game is unprecedented.  The BBC stand religiously by this behemoth of inadequacy as if he is the only presenter available, while Sky have picked Gary Neville straight off the pitch who is doing an infinitely better job, despite being many years younger than the aging scouser.

And that is a reason to hate him?

It's not hate, he is just so inadequate he should not be anywhere near the pinnacle of football critique on supposedly the world's leading broadcaster.  What do you think he brings to the table?

He brings about as much to the table as most of them - bar Gary Neville who you rightly point out is very good. I think Lawro's quite dry in his approach (which I like) and to say he knows nothing about football is bordering on insane. Of course he knows a lot about football. They don't rip it apart like Gary Neville does, but yet I always get the impression Gary Nevilles had all weekend to study it - and actually when you think about it - what he is pointing out is not rocket science. Any numpty with half a footballing brain would be able to see it if they watched it over and over again in slow motion. Thats taking nothing away from him because as I say, he is very good and comes across very well.

Its also very interesting that he seems to side with Villa - unlike the other pundits mentioned here  ;)

If Lawro was so bad, then he would not be employed. Simple as. He obviously appeals to a certain market, which I imagine would be of an older generation, but as I say I dont mind him and Im 28. 

Im not sure what all the Lawro hate is about.

Please refer to my post on page 3 of this thread.  It's not about Lawrenson vs Villa, it's Lawrenson vs football.  He's a dreadful commentator, a terrible pundit and his lack of knowledge in the game is unprecedented.  The BBC stand religiously by this behemoth of inadequacy as if he is the only presenter available, while Sky have picked Gary Neville straight off the pitch who is doing an infinitely better job, despite being many years younger than the aging scouser.

And that is a reason to hate him?

It's not hate, he is just so inadequate he should not be anywhere near the pinnacle of football critique on supposedly the world's leading broadcaster.  What do you think he brings to the table?

He brings about as much to the table as most of them - bar Gary Neville who you rightly point out is very good. I think Lawro's quite dry in his approach (which I like) and to say he knows nothing about football is bordering on insane. Of course he knows a lot about football. They don't rip it apart like Gary Neville does, but yet I always get the impression Gary Nevilles had all weekend to study it - and actually when you think about it - what he is pointing out is not rocket science. Any numpty with half a footballing brain would be able to see it if they watched it over and over again in slow motion. Thats taking nothing away from him because as I say, he is very good and comes across very well.

Its also very interesting that he seems to side with Villa - unlike the other pundits mentioned here  ;)

If Lawro was so bad, then he would not be employed. Simple as. He obviously appeals to a certain market, which I imagine would be of an older generation, but as I say I dont mind him and Im 28. 

Lawrenson is infinitely preferable to Hansen (a parrot with 5 clichés in his repertoire) or Shearer - he appears to have a personality and a sense of humour which helps

Savage's presence on the BBC is inexplicable. Employing the likes of him, Claridge and effluent-spouting human slug Alan Green seems to be part of a calculated policy to mimic TalkSport rather than trying to raise the bar

savage was a cr-ap footballer, and is a cr-ap pundit with no dress sense, just a horrible human being, a waste of fresh air, he wasnt likable as a footballer mainly because he wasnt actually very good at it, he was just a yob, which is ironic as hes a pu-ssy

as for dublins head butt, dubbers was always one of my favourite players anyway but he went higher up in my estimation after that head butt, somebody had to do it

First time today I've looked at the "Lawro League" table on the BBC website this season.

I can't believe he's got QPR in 8th. How totally ludicrously wrong can you be! That's probably more down to his friendship with Harry "Rosie 47" Redknapp than anything else, and just shows what a totally, shite, out-of-touch and pointless pundit he is.

BBC need a change, but if one of Lawrenson, Shearer and Hansen was to be kept on, it'd have to be Lawrenson.

As for Robbie Savage, he's a clown but he is one of the few BBC pundits who actually earns his money by having a personality and willing to say something how it is, in his opinion, whether it is controversial or not.

Would you guys really keep Shearer over Savage? Enough said, really. 

First time today I've looked at the "Lawro League" table on the BBC website this season.

I can't believe he's got QPR in 8th. How totally ludicrously wrong can you be! That's probably more down to his friendship with Harry "Rosie 47" Redknapp than anything else, and just shows what a totally, shite, out-of-touch and pointless pundit he is.

To be fair, bar us and QPR, he hasnt got many teams drastically wrong. Don't forget that he predicts them on paper, so his predictions wont include the unpredictable laws of football. If he included that eg - Norwich to beat Man Utd, more often than not he would be way off. Give or take a few points here and there, hes not far off. 

Get over the fact that were in the bottom 3 of the table. Its a bit of fun for goodness sake. We really werent that far off either in all truth.

I know that, but QPR in 8th? Its just so bonkers.

The point is its 1 team out of 20 that hes misjudged massively. I dont think thats too much of a travesty. In fact I think thats a pretty good record. Im sure his average was something like 7 points each week. He scored far more points than all the guests put together and only a few scored higher than his average at any one time. 

Cut the guy some slack. Its a bit of fun and he actually scored really well at it.

• Like 1

Get Kamara to present MOTD. That would make it worth watching again.

I read soccer sat on sky is getting a total revamp from next season. Hopefully big nose Thompson gets the boot. He really cant hide his hate for villa.

Get Kamara to present MOTD. That would make it worth watching again.

I read soccer sat on sky is getting a total revamp from next season. Hopefully big nose Thompson gets the boot. He really cant hide his hate for villa.

I don't see much of Sky but I'd hope they boot Matt Le Twatty too, he is one of those who can't hide their dislike and he's shit pundit.

Edited by Jarpie

Â