Lawro Sorrow & Gobby Savage - How Wrong Can You Be?

villa-revolution

According to Lawrenson Swansea would be 18th right now and we'd be 19th with 27 points. He got a lot more than just QPR massively wrong.

But he hasnt sat down and predicted those positions. Hes predicted single results each week. Not as if he has got the table in mind.

We are not massively wrong, we could have quite easily been down there. Swansea are another who give or take a couple of results might have seen their season pan out differently. 

Are there not allowed to be shocks in the premiership? You had QPR as your tip to finish bottom did you?

Your able to predict results within a premiership fixture weekend on paper? If so, why arent you slamming them all in an accumulator?

Its a bit of fun. A small addition to a huge website! 

Alan hanson predicted United would win nothing with kids? Is he a clearing in the woods with no football knowledge?

By paying millions SAF predicted Bebe, Diego Forlan, Karel Poborsky and Juan Sebastien Veron would be good premiership players! Does he know nothing about football?

Hes got Man Utd winning the league by 11 points at this stage! Only 1 point out - Is that a decent shout baring in mind the competition we thought they would have at the start of the season? Or are we only focusing on the things he got wrong?

Like I say, its predicted on paper - he obviously plays percentages as its a competition. Would you have predicted we would beat Reading, QPR, Sunderland Norwich all during the week before the games or did you think we would maybe draw or lose a couple. Seem to remember you being highly convinced we were heading down at one stage yourself? Does that mean you know nothing about football?

• Like 2

He predicted that QPR would win 16 games this season, that just rediculous and he should have realised that after 6-7 games. And I bet 2 of the ones they did win (Chelsea and Southampton away) he didn't predict even.

Let's try again. Woodytom. The case against Lawro is that for some teams he consistently over- or underrated their prospects when the reality of the results and performances should have made him realise he was judging them wrongly.

So he is a poor judge of form.

Also, he is a poor commentator and analyst and contributes to the deadly dull and smug old pals act that MOTD has become.

Savage " congratulations to Villa - I don't know what I'm talking about"

an attempt at an 'apology'

TBH - he plays the pantomime villain very well but would rather not have him on the TV and Radio at all.

Savage " congratulations to Villa - I don't know what I'm talking about"

an attempt at an 'apology'

TBH - he plays the pantomime villain very well but would rather not have him on the TV and Radio at all.

Savage - " I don't know what I'm on about"

At last he's finally got something right!

Let's try again. Woodytom. The case against Lawro is that for some teams he consistently over- or underrated their prospects when the reality of the results and performances should have made him realise he was judging them wrongly.

So he is a poor judge of form.

Also, he is a poor commentator and analyst and contributes to the deadly dull and smug old pals act that MOTD has become.

Ok, lets try again. The case for Lawro is that for some teams he got things consistently right. But lets ignore that because this is villa talk, and its impossible to have a balanced opinion. 

youve got to consider though that whether people genuinely think lawro is good or not, the fact that he has such a problem with villa plays well against him, as he never gives us any credit, if we won, he would prefer to say that the other team played below their abilities or we were lucky, instead of saying we played well and deserved to win

the guy is a moron

I really couldn't give a shit that Gobby apologised, I don't think he should. I just think he's an awful pundit and a troll. He was playing the wounded victim the other day after some utter word removed went to far, he can't take the heat yet he still likes to play in the kitchen, what a knobber.

• 2 months later...

Don't know if I should start a new thread for this or not. It's not really news to anyone but Lawro has a reduced role in next years MOTD.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/01/mark-lawrenson-match-of-the-day

Now, that's all fine and well but replacing him with the likes of Savage and Michael Owen, not to mention Shearer and Lineker still being there. Like the most half assed clear out they could have done.

Can we have the likes of Dion Dublin, Pat Nevin etc? Any time those guys are on the quality of punditry is vastly improved (not to mention Savage just sits grinning like an idiot when Dublin is around).

Think I'm going to have to start watching Skys coverage.

EDIT: Sorry, thought this was in another section than the main forum!

Edited by juteface
  • Like 1

Well at least he gives us some coverage

Exactly, I don't mind people like Chiles, Savage and Francis who hate the Villa, it all just seems to stem from local rivallry.  Better than being ignored I reckon.

Worst punditry last year was when Shearer (word removed) said that Lowton will never score a goal like that again and that is was a fluke against Stoke. He hit the ball extremely cleanly and it was a show of good technique rather than luck.

Neville just knows what hes talking about, great to watch him on Sky and even with Man Utd he isn't really biased at all.

They've just gone and **** that up by hiring Jamie Charagggerggg.

• Like 1

I actually quite like Lawro's dryness and I'll be sorry to see less of him. I find the Liverpool bias with Lawro and Hanson quite entertaining now they're doing so badly.

Anyone else surprised by the quality of Neville's punditry? For some reason I formed the inpression he was a bit of a bonehead when he was a player.  

Â