Lawro Sorrow & Gobby Savage - How Wrong Can You Be?

villa-revolution

So wind up merchant Gobby Savage who is having the last laugh now? Plus at the close of the transfer window on 31st January 2013 that super smug clearing in the woods Mark Lawrenson & most of the mass media just couldn't wait to extol the virtues of their Cockney QPR Messiah Redknob & how we would see how  is super dooper £25M transfer bonanza  would blow Sylla & Co & everybody else into oblivion.

What was it now? Oh yes! We really fear for Aston Villa, you can't ask boys to do a man's job!.............Oh Really?

Well now! We have seen & you were Wrong!

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Will you admit it? No chance!

So much for football Pun-twits! :D rocket polishers the lot of 'em

Came in to post a reply but BOF said everything I had in mind.

You can't lambast Savage for his comments after we came so close to the drop.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

Er...the majority of posters on this board had also voted that we would be relegated...

Villa fans are totally exonerated because we love the Club & are totally & emotionally involved. Even upto the point of The Maloney equaliser at the Emirates yesterday. We let our head rule our hearts & are therefore unable to see the wood for the trees.

The pundits are just plain arrogant & the bottom line no matter how you spin it is their so called super analysis is just bullshit. It doesn't matter how close we flirted with Relegation we stayed up & they were convinced we wouldn't & more importantly according to them QPR's Investment would ultimately be the deciding factor.

So, to repeat myself............................You were totally Wrong!

Actually I think it should be every Villa fans duty to lambast Savage for merely existing - he is a clearing in the woods of the highest order and Dion obviously should have nutted him harder :-)

The problem with ex-pros is that they rarely slag off other pros.

If Savage had come out and said that we have too much shite in the squad, but have replaced them with too little experience - fair play. He didn't, he just said that too little experiece = not good enough. Which is (and was proved) bollocks.

A squad of Guzan, Benteke, Lowton, Wiltshire, Sterling, MacManaman, Michu, Rickie Lambert, Luke Shaw (I could go on) would have little PL experience, but would be bloody good.

Whereas a squad of Rob Green, Bosingwa, Chris Samba, Nedum Onuoha, Ji-sung Park, Wright-Phillips, Jenas, Hoilet, Zamora, Remy, Andy Johnson will finish bottom. Shit loads of experience there! In fact, if you look at Lawrensen's predictions, I think he has QPR in the top half. These guys know next to **** all.

To be fair to savage he called it before the season didnt he? Can't remember anyone else predicting that before the season and given that we come so close you cant be too critical of him although he did take it back when we beat liverpool away i recall.

Interestingly if Lawro's predictions had all been correct we would have been relegated weeks ago.

Anyone know why he hates us so much?!

Ex-Liverpool worried about Liverpool being out of the top 5 clubs in PL and being overtaken in popularity by Aston Villa in younger age groups?

If you don't want to support a top 5 club (want to be different) why not support Aston Villa? We're got similar colours to Barcelona. If you want to support a team with red shirts, might as well support Man Utd.

To be fair to savage he called it before the season didnt he? Can't remember anyone else predicting that before the season and given that we come so close you cant be too critical of him although he did take it back when we beat liverpool away i recall.

He also revised his prediction a couple of months back and said he thought we'd stay up..............

I think it's worse than that. He doesn't hate us. I think he sees us as completely irrelevant. Something to be overlooked. At least if he hated us he'd see us as worthy of notice :( Hopefully that'll change soon.

I think it's worse than that. He doesn't hate us. I think he sees us as completely irrelevant. Something to be overlooked. At least if he hated us he'd see us as worthy of notice :( Hopefully that'll change soon.

The irony of that though is that we're about as relevant as his favourite club Liverpool.

Yes you can... Yes you absolutely can... He has always had it in for the Villa and we should always have it in for him.... Even if he came out with some biblically sage and worldly wise advice and philosophy, we should as one, oppose him because he is a bellend... Plain and simple... I despise the fact that he has a pulse and still has the ability to procreate using the DNA in his curdled sperm.... He is a w**ker... 10000%

Â