Lawro Sorrow & Gobby Savage - How Wrong Can You Be?

villa-revolution

So wind up merchant Gobby Savage who is having the last laugh now? Plus at the close of the transfer window on 31st January 2013 that super smug clearing in the woods Mark Lawrenson & most of the mass media just couldn't wait to extol the virtues of their Cockney QPR Messiah Redknob & how we would see how  is super dooper £25M transfer bonanza  would blow Sylla & Co & everybody else into oblivion.

What was it now? Oh yes! We really fear for Aston Villa, you can't ask boys to do a man's job!.............Oh Really?

Well now! We have seen & you were Wrong!

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Will you admit it? No chance!

So much for football Pun-twits! :D rocket polishers the lot of 'em

Well they were pretty much right weren't they? Very few people had Villa in the relegation zone before the season started and we have been under the line several times up until recently when we have dragged our asses two spots above it. Come Sunday we might be 2 points away from it in total, which is extremely close to relegation.

We are not going down luckily, but their predictions were pretty good in isolation.... sadly. I guess my predictions from August looks pretty different from the truth..

Er...the majority of posters on this board had also voted that we would be relegated...

Less than 50% is by no means a majority.

Savage is just a troll.  Nothing more, nothing less.   Shouldn't be on the BBC, but that seems to be how they roll lately.

Lawrenson is in a league of his own.  He was a dreadful sidekick commentator alongside the excitable Motson, who contributed nothing more than unwanted puns and quips.  I'm not sure I can ever remember him taking the mantle and actually running a match commentary; he was like Weylon Smithers to Motty's C. Montgomery Burns.  Incapable.  I honestly don't know why the BBC take him seriously.  He offers nothing in the way of constructive criticism of any match, yet in the mould of Big Nose Thompson he sucks the collective cock of anything Liverpool.  He is one of the worst pundits I have ever seen on Match of the Day, yet somehow gets a residency on the show.  Is he really the best the BBC can muster?

His predictions for the table demonstrate a total lack of knowledge of the league.  To suggest Everton would be sitting in fourth at this stage, 16 points clear of Spurs is just plain ridiculous.  There was nothing to suggest either at the end of last season or during the summer that perennial 6th-to-8th-ers Everton would see a meteoric rise at the same time Spuds collapsed.  Oh, hang on, it was Redknapp, wasn't it.

He let the Redknapp situation cloud his judgement to the point he actually considered Spuds would implode without his wheeler-dealer pal in charge, while completely ignoring the fact Andre Villas-Boas was an incredibly highly rated manager prior to his brief spell at Chelsea.  Chelsea paid €15m compensation to Porto for his services, but obviously Lawro didn't rate him as much as his pal Saggychops.

The real pisser in that table isn't the Villa position, it's the fact he has got Spuds, 4th place last season, just TWO points above QPR, who only escaped relegation on the last day of last season.  32 points separated those two clubs at the end of last season, and there was NOTHING to suggest they would be any closer at the end of this season.

What is the absolute **** is the purpose of Mark Lawrenson?

• Like 4

Savage is just a troll.  Nothing more, nothing less.   Shouldn't be on the BBC, but that seems to be how they roll lately.

Lawrenson is in a league of his own.  He was a dreadful sidekick commentator alongside the excitable Motson, who contributed nothing more than unwanted puns and quips.  I'm not sure I can ever remember him taking the mantle and actually running a match commentary; he was like Weylon Smithers to Motty's C. Montgomery Burns.  Incapable.  I honestly don't know why the BBC take him seriously.  He offers nothing in the way of constructive criticism of any match, yet in the mould of Big Nose Thompson he sucks the collective cock of anything Liverpool.  He is one of the worst pundits I have ever seen on Match of the Day, yet somehow gets a residency on the show.  Is he really the best the BBC can muster?

His predictions for the table demonstrate a total lack of knowledge of the league.  To suggest Everton would be sitting in fourth at this stage, 16 points clear of Spurs is just plain ridiculous.  There was nothing to suggest either at the end of last season or during the summer that perennial 6th-to-8th-ers Everton would see a meteoric rise at the same time Spuds collapsed.  Oh, hang on, it was Redknapp, wasn't it.

He let the Redknapp situation cloud his judgement to the point he actually considered Spuds would implode without his wheeler-dealer pal in charge, while completely ignoring the fact Andre Villas-Boas was an incredibly highly rated manager prior to his brief spell at Chelsea.  Chelsea paid €15m compensation to Porto for his services, but obviously Lawro didn't rate him as much as his pal Saggychops.

The real pisser in that table isn't the Villa position, it's the fact he has got Spuds, 4th place last season, just TWO points above QPR, who only escaped relegation on the last day of last season.  32 points separated those two clubs at the end of last season, and there was NOTHING to suggest they would be any closer at the end of this season.

The most astute post so far.

Im never going like him - he played for Liverpool !

But I agree he has no in depth knowledge of football - and makes rash, knee jerk predictions, that are almost always wrong. I loathe his onE liners - which are clearly a ploy to stretch his very limited understanding of the game.

To be fair, Savage was right - he called it way back in August - and although we didn't go down - we flirted with relegation for large parts of the season - which I didn't see coming last August.

Edited by smetrov

Er...the majority of posters on this board had also voted that we would be relegated...

Well most people have changed their answers to staying up now of course...

To be fair, Savage was right - he called it way back in August - and although we didn't go down - we flirted with relegation for large parts of the season - which I didn't see coming last August.

No! To be fair Savage was wrong. He clearly stated in August that we would go down. He did not say that we would flirt with relegation he said we were doomed. Therefore he called it Wrong in August!

The point is though Londonlax some Villa fans did think we were going to stay up & came on the relegation thread constantly to re-iterate their point constantly throughout the season. What I am saying is about singular opinion & not collective. All Villa fans have differing opinions but Savage & Lawrenson are giving us their professional & considered insight from their own single perspective.

They talk trash & in an arrogant & conceited fashion & this is a perfect & prime example of it.

Fuck_yeah_kindleDX.png

The point is though Londonlax some Villa fans did think we were going to stay up & came on the relegation thread constantly to re-iterate their point constantly throughout the season. What I am saying is about singular opinion & not collective. All Villa fans have differing opinions but Savage & Lawrenson are giving us their professional & considered insight from their own single perspective.

They talk trash & in an arrogant & conceited fashion & this is a perfect & prime example of it.

So they got it wrong, so what?

They had an opinion that we would be in danger of relegation (the same opinion many of our fans had) and it turned out to be wrong but only by a very fine margin. 

Do you expect 100% accuracy from every pundit making predictions before the season starts? If anything Savage deserves credit for getting his prediction so close. 

I get the impression Lawrenson doesn't actually like football.

I get the impression Lawro doesnt like life. He is like a black hole of relentless negativity- sucking up any joy, exictement, or originality within a 20 miles radius of his ageing, sagging, grey body.

• Like 1

Mindless post on his twitter account, puts villa fans in a bad light but anyone with any sense can see Savage's 'Villa fans true colours' response is a pretty poor comment also.

I wasn't bothered by the prediction, if anything QPR buckled under the huge pressure of everyone expecting them to do well. I knew in my heart of hearts there'd be 3 teams below us on May 19th.

• Like 1

So they got it wrong, so what?

They had an opinion that we would be in danger of relegation (the same opinion many of our fans had) and it turned out to be wrong but only by a very fine margin. 

Do you expect 100% accuracy from every pundit making predictions before the season starts? If anything Savage deserves credit for getting his prediction so close. 

Do I expect a 100% Wind up from Gobby Savage to try & get under Villa fans skin? Yes absolutely. Do I want to throw that wind up back in his face? Yes! Absolutely!

It works both ways & Gobby knows that hence this thread.

Bottom half is so tight it's crazy.

Lambo lovers will proclaim we've hit the nosebleedy lands of 12th at the end of the season.

Lambo lambasters will scoff at our mere 43 points.

And longstanding fans with a genuine love of the club will be concerned that there seems to be such silly name-calling between different groups of "fans". Also worried that we should be scratching around in the dirt trying to find comfort in what by any measure is a sub-standard season.

:lol: What? Lighten up.

Just making light of the difference in opinion of our manager.

I think Lambert's done well this year and laid some great foundations for the future whilst keeping us in the league. Scratching round in the dirt? Interesting choice of words.

I get the impression Lawrenson doesn't actually like football.

I get the impression Lawro doesnt like life. He is like a black hole of relentless negativity- sucking up any joy, exictement, or originality within a 20 miles radius of his ageing, sagging, grey body.

1527093.png

Â