Whew! Villa is safe

Marka Ragnos

Whats the prize money difference with 16th & 11th?

5 * ~750k = £3.75m

So if we get 11th with the new tv money added to that as well thats gotta be worth a total of what? 60m?......WOW!

Am looking forward to see how this team performs without the threat of relegation looming over it actually. Also what PL will do now we're "Bentekeless"... Gotta be Bent & Weimann i guess

The new TV prize money comes through at the end of next season, not up front at the start.

If we can improve our finish next year we will get a bigger chunk of it.

5 * ~750k = £3.75m

So if we get 11th with the new tv money added to that as well thats gotta be worth a total of what? 60m?......WOW!

Am looking forward to see how this team performs without the threat of relegation looming over it actually. Also what PL will do now we're "Bentekeless"... Gotta be Bent & Weimann i guess

The new TV prize money comes through at the end of next season, not up front at the start.

Doesn't really matter. If we're 100% owed it, then it goes into the accounts. When it gets paid is only really a matter for the cash-flow enthusiasts (i.e. poor clubs like Pompey).

5 * ~750k = £3.75m

Doesn't really matter. If we're 100% owed it, then it goes into the accounts. When it gets paid is only really a matter for the cash-flow enthusiasts (i.e. poor clubs like Pompey).

But we don't know how much we will be owed until we know where we finish next season.

It would be risky to borrow against the prize money for finishing 8th but only end up finishing 15th and receive half of what we were banking on.

5 * ~750k = £3.75m

But we don't know how much we will be owed until we know where we finish next season.

It would be risky to borrow against the prize money for finishing 8th but only end up finishing 15th and receive half of what we were banking on.

Speculate to accumulate!

I'm not particularly savvy with how the prize money works, but there will be an entry for it in our annual budget, an entry that will rightly be doubled for the coming season, even if it's a particularly pessimistic one.

Now we sit back and watch Andi & Chris sign new deals. Sorted.

Ha, Chris Herd maybe, but if you mean Benteke then I think that's wishful thinking on our part.

If Dortmund are interested then he'd be mad to sign a new contract with us before listening to their offer and any other offers from Champion's League clubs.

I'm not sure we'll hold onto him, and if we do then it'll be Lambert putting his foot down rather than Benteke committing his future to us by signing a new deal. I hope I'm wrong though.

AAANNNNDDDD the negativity has started :D

Ha, I'm not being negative, just putting it out there is all. Dortmund representatives were allegedly at the Chelsea game, after all.

Even if Benteke does end up going, I still think overall we'll be a better outfit next season, and if he does go then that means a big boost to the transfer kitty chances are. Nothing really negative about it for me, though I'd love to see him stay.

Edited by Ginko

Thank **** for that! Would have been nicer to secure our own fate during one of our own games but that’s minor now.

The way we have finished this season can only give our team more confidence to take into next year. We knew it would be a rollercoaster season and it bloody was. I thought we would finish on 46 points with survival with 5 games to go, not far off my target.

The winter performance is one we wish to never see again. Those gruelling losses to Chelsea, spurs, Wigan, Bradford, millwall, Soton and Newcastle was hard to swallow. We didn’t even make major moves in the January Transfer Window either to our frustration, but the turnaround after the Newcastle game was massive.  Lambert started using the wings and pace more and things fell into place.

Couple of things to build upon next season using the current crop of players is to cut out individual errors at the back. Play for the whole 90mins and not concede late goals. Give the teams above us more of a competitive game.

Well done guys! Up the Villa!!

:flag:

Ha, I'm not being negative, just putting it out there is all. Dortmund representatives were allegedly at the Chelsea game, after all.

Even if Benteke does end up going, I still think overall we'll be a better outfit next season, and if he does go then that means a big boost to the transfer kitty chances are. Nothing really negative about it for me, though I'd love to see him stay.

Me too mate, would be class to build a team around him. Instead of selling him on like barry,milner,downing,young ... as you say would have a beasty transfer budget with the TV Deal, the older players off the wage budget and both Benteke and Bent gone though.

5 * ~750k = £3.75m

TV money is shared out equally is it not? Prize money depends on place but is not as significant.

Still feeling nice and relaxed from yesterday! I just hope this proves this isnt another false dawn. I dont want  to see us scrabbling around 18th in the table in January ever again. For the first time in a long time it feels like Villa have a plan, have continuity, and have optimism. Please don't mess this one up.

5 * ~750k = £3.75m

TV money is shared out equally is it not? Prize money depends on place but is not as significant.

The prize money comes from the Premier League who get their money from the sponsors (including the TV sponsors). There is a set amount of money everyone receives if your match is on TV and prize money for how high you finish at the end. 

was at work and we close the shop at 10, went round the back and flicked the radio, the sports news was on and all i heard was "Arsenal won..." and just started yelling and celebrating, was with 2 people who don't like football and thought i was being ridiculous but obviously i didn't give a shit

Â