Whew! Villa is safe

Marka Ragnos

My goodness that was one almighty relief... have to admit i was really not enjoying the never ending state of being in grave danger.. went on a bit long & i will not remember this season fondly for that reason....although ironically i have enjoyed our football much more than in some previous seasons... AT LAST!!.. intriguing last game now & will be interesting to see where we finish

• Like 1

fantastic !!!  now we need to improve on last season's position and if so given the experience gained by the youngsters we can definitely say that we are moving in the right direction 

Its been such a up and down season and we got far to close to going down- I just hope we use this as good experience and push on now. We have had 2 bad seasons in a row now, I dont want to accept a 3rd. But lets just enjoy tonight and Wigan first, before planning for next season.

• Like 1

I had lost the faith at one point and thought we would go, think it was after the Wigan loss but can't remember. I'm delighted we have stayed up and hope we continue to progress at the rate we have shown in the last few games.

Even with no additions to the squad, I don't expect us to be fighting relegation next season.

• Like 1

I had lost the faith at one point and thought we would go, think it was after the Wigan loss but can't remember. I'm delighted we have stayed up and hope we continue to progress at the rate we have shown in the last few games.

Even with no additions to the squad, I don't expect us to be fighting relegation next season.

That 3-0 defeat to Wigan was horrendous, that's when I voted that we would go down. Thankfully I was wrong.

Yeah have to admit it got to me too as was apparent in some of my posts no doubt...Was a jibbering nervous wreck at times.. Only coz i so desperately wanted us to survive however especially with the huge financial windfall coming our way now :D :D :D

Huuuuuuge result to stay up. Means we can keep more of the players who have learnt so much and get decent prices for anyone that goes. I trust Lambert in that most of those that he's bought have looked good at some stage. Obviously Bennett and KEA must improve, but give them time.

Phew. Can relax at last. I am very, very, very happy to admit I was wrong to have lost faith in the team. There have been some real bollocks and genuine quality shown to pick up the clutch results against the teams around us - well played lads. Onwards and upwards!

Â