Whew! Villa is safe

Marka Ragnos

Good article from Moxley. I think he's encapsulated the state of the club quite nicely. Whatever we could make on Benteke we will lose on Bent, Hutton, Given, Ireland etc.

We could still be about two years away from stemming the losses

Fail to see how it's a good article. It's just negative tripe.

Exactly this. It's written with such a smug tone throughout. The Mail and Moxley in particular always write this bollocks.

It's the Daily Mail - can we honestly expect better. You're not going to get an article to please the everyone so it's the opposite ends of the spectrum. For what its worth, the general outlook is correct but the negative smugness is bound to annoy us. 

• Like 2

I think Moxley has summed up my feelings entirely and saved me writing a long essay once the season is over.

The key thing he's said is we will be stuffed totally if Benteke goes.

Not necessarily. It depends on who his replacement is.

• Like 1

was just coming round from an operation when the recovery nurse who was a villa fan told me Arsenal was 1-0 up, soon ended up with about 4 or 5 other staff members who were all Villa fans enjoying the news. I get up on the ward and the wife is waitng for me, first words out my mouth, you're winning 1-0 (she's a north London girl and an Arsenal fan), she had to leave shortly after I get told Wigan have equalised and I'm left sweating, Then up pops one of the recovery team to tell me the news it finished 4-1,so lying there in a lot of pain and a little sore but grinning from ear to ear.

Before I went in to hospital had a nice bit of banter with her dad (who's a spurs fan) about needed to support the Gunners for me as I'd most likely be under having my op, Told him on Wednesday morning that he had obviously overdid the support, he could have stopped at 2-1 to Arsenal but I appreciated all his efforts. :D

I think Moxley has summed up my feelings entirely and saved me writing a long essay once the season is over.

The key thing he's said is we will be stuffed totally if Benteke goes.

I actually think we will be screwed - if we don't bolster the defense. 

I think the article omits the fact that Lerner is hardly ever at VP - and his two managerial appointments post MON are a big part of where we are today. It doesn't mention the millions spent on hiring and firing said managers.

I genuinely don't know how long we can stay in the PL pulling £2m rabbits from the hat. Perhaps only Bennett hasn't proved his worth so far- and I dare say we could re  coup that fee. 

The first point wrong with that article was that Arsenal saved us, we saved ourselves by amassing 40 points enough to save all but 1 club in the history of the Premier League.

The first point wrong with that article was that Arsenal saved us, we saved ourselves by amassing 40 points enough to save all but 1 club in the history of the Premier League.

Exactly.

If we are to PROVE we are serious about moving forward, in true Alex Ferguson( Ron Saunders) Style we should be going for the win.

If you seen that mans face bawling out instructions when they were 3-0 ,up against us......That tells you what we must emulate.

"fortune favours the brave"

Ps Drive it home Villa

Edited by TRO

Exactly.

Exactly. Sorry, I had completely overlooked the fact that even if Wigan had beaten Arsenal, we would still be safe with our magnificent 40 points and not panicking about the last match against Wigan.

I guess the 40 points is derisory for a big club like Aston Villa, but even the great Manchester United before Ferguson had its moments.

The one thing the League does dish out is ....you get what you deserve in the main.

without studying the points gained during our difficult time, I would guess we have improved as the season has progressed, the less experienced players have progressed and we have improved our form.

I would guess our form Second Half v First Half has come to the rescue and bodes well in terms of overall progress.

I would be less confident if the second half of the season was worst than the first half ( but acheiving the same points)which was the case with previous managers that finished higher in the league than Lambert.

you see.......its all about Progress.

• Like 2

Exactly.

Exactly. Sorry, I had completely overlooked the fact that even if Wigan had beaten Arsenal, we would still be safe with our magnificent 40 points and not panicking about the last match against Wigan.

I was never worried that Arsenal was going to beat Wigan.

Â