Whew! Villa is safe

Marka Ragnos

Even with no additions to the squad, I don't expect us to be fighting relegation next season.

Ha! What a short memory you have, but I'll forgive the rose tinted euphoria!

A LOT of work is needed starting July 1st. We haven't kept a clean sheet in I don't know how long, even in our most recent games you just knew fatal mistakes would be made in the midfield and defence. We have a very fragile core to this team.

I think with 3 to 4 decent signings - at least 3 senior players, we will be ok, but for me Bennett needs a rest, Vlaar needs an experienced partner and we need a solid senior CM, even if he only plays half the games. I am looking forward to the summer. 

• Like 1

At times this season was horrible horrible. But my goodness we pulled out some massive results from Reading, QPR, Sunderland and Norwich. If we can snatch big results from huge matches like that undef Lambert then I am very positive for the future.

Think a lot of the personnel he's brought in have been excellent, a few will need replacing with better. Onwards to next season and the top 8.

This was sweet. Put 100 a pound bet on Wigan victory and have never been more happy with a loss!

I didn't put any money on Wigan. They were relegated last week at home to Swansea, this was always going to be too big an ask. 

• Like 1

Ah **** it , my insurance bet is up in smoke

I know. I lost $60 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :clap:

As I explained to someone yesterday I would've burned $60 infront of them if it meant we were safe.

• Like 2

Ah **** it , my insurance bet is up in smoke

I pleased to state I managed to resist my insurance bet; partly because I kept thinking there's a reason why we were 100-1 against (i.e. it's very, very unlikely) and partly because I couldn't be bothered to work out how to place a treble bet online!

Massive relief all round!

Let's not kid ourselves. We are not safe yet. The league could be so unimpressed by our showing that they decide to relegate 4 teams this season.....

Jesting aside, I'd like to think 'the league' remembered our decent form in the final third of the season and took note of our 40 to 43 points as being more than is usually required to be safe.

Now that we're confirmed safe I want to see a picture of Benteke and Weimann signing new contracts on the OS first thing tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it is only the timeline that disappoints you!

Â