Whew! Villa is safe

Marka Ragnos

Right.... Now to kick Wigan before they go down... To teach their players and fans a lesson in manners for not rolling over to our fine club in previous meetings and relieving us of this stress sooner... Bring on the next game and another 6-1 spanking ala Sunderland

I now would really like to come and watch our game with the baggies next season ! Never been to a Derby .. Just ours with Wolves when we lost 1-0 two years ago .. was my first match to attend for Villa either on the Park or Away ! 

Right.... Now to kick Wigan before they go down... To teach their players and fans a lesson in manners for not rolling over to our fine club in previous meetings and relieving us of this stress sooner... Bring on the next game and another 6-1 spanking ala Sunderland

Knowing that our attack is decent (CB staying would help!), I'd take any win with a clean sheet!

The greatest weight on my shoulders for the last 4 months has been lifted. Thought after the Xmas disaster and the lack of a new CB in the January transfer window it would confine us to relegation, but results against Reading, QPR, Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich lifted my vote from yes to unsure will mean **** all. Lambert now must go on and sign an experienced partner for Vlaar, a new left back and an experienced CM, hopefully Lescott and Flamini. 

Can't wait to renew my ST in the morning :D

Edited by Avflife

Knowing that our attack is decent (CB staying would help!), I'd take any win with a clean sheet!

Not me mate, im a sociopath... That two bob rugby club posing as a football team have been keeping me up late at night worrying... Now that they are miserable, I am well up for seeing our next result turning into a cricket score and battering the snot out of them

Well done to the players and manager for their late season performances.40 points should have been enough and was. It was a big bonus that Arsenal unlike WBA against Norwich and Wigan had something to play for when they came up against Wigan and had the worst happened tonight we had Spurs well up for beating Sunderland on the last day. But I am so glad this was sorted before the last day of the season and we avoided playing Small Heath next season. Do not let us face a relegation battle again Randy!

Well done to the players and manager for their late season performances.40 points should have been enough and was. It was a big bonus that Arsenal unlike WBA against Norwich and Wigan had something to play for when they came up against Wigan and had the worst happened tonight we had Spurs well up for beating Sunderland on the last day. But I am so glad this was sorted before the last day of the season and we avoided playing Small Heath next season. Do not let us face a relegation battle again Randy!

Arsenal are a quality team. Ok not as good as they used to be but they have some tidy players and a good manager. They're tougher than people give them credit for.

The tesco bags are just a load of shit and I fully expect them to be in a relegation battle next season.

What a horrible, horrible season. One of the worst I have ever experienced as a Villa fan.

There were some good moments but it was an ocean of shit (except for the last two months). Give me mid-table mediocrity any day over this, I think I've aged 5 years this season.

I hope they don't put us through the mangle like this again, three years of pain is far too much. Lets start looking upwards for a change.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I'll be honest, weighing it up on the way back to the car after the Newcastle game I didn't think we would make it. Since then though this team has come up against 6pointer after 6pointer and despite the huge pressure on their shoulders on the whole they have smashed them out of the park. For that they deserve a huge amount of credit especially as they continued to learn and improve and progress as a team in those circumstances. 

This season has been tough as a fan because there was a team on the pitch that I was invested in and that I was desperate to succeed because, unlike last season, I feel they deserve it. Now onwards and upwards, safe in the knowledge if a transfer raises an eyebrow or two it most likely because Lambert knows something we don't.

UTV  :)

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 3

Weird feeling - they way we won the must win games against Reading. QBR, Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich were probably my most enjoyable moments watching villa in 20 years of supporting them! All expectation/hope was gone after the results in Dec/Jan so you savoured every win that bit more!

As that 80's song went - THE ONLY WAY IS UP BABY!.......

Â