Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

31 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Am I missing something? Why would anyone want to go with Sky? 

I'm guessing Sports would be a big draw plus the movies / entertainment channels are excellent and their on-demand / boxsets are generally of a better (and newer) quality than Netflix and Prime Video

I don't have it as not bothered about sports but do subscribe to their Now TV service, which gives me access to Sky's entertainment and movie offerings. I also have Netflix and Prime Video BTW. Kodi fills the gaps that are there. 

All that costs me c£28pm plus my Virgin cable broadband on top. 

I'm not sure about the box sets being buy only on Sky? Perhaps someone with Sky can clarify? 

They're certainly not buy only on Now TV - I can stream all this for £6.99 a month- live streaming of the channels, catch up TV and full box sets. Might be worth a look? Compliments Netflix and Prime TV a treat. 

http://watch.nowtv.com/entertainment

Here are Sky's Black Friday Deals which begin yesterday :D

Start – Monday 21st November 2016
End – Sunday 4th December 2016 

Telephone and Broadband Unlimited Deal =

£15pcm for 12 months which includes line rental, broadband unlimited and pay as you talk calls.
You will also get a Free £75 MasterCard for signing up.

Sky TV deals =

Get one of the following free gifts, along with up to 20% off any package for 12 months.

Xbox One S, 32inch LG TV, £100 or £150 Voucher, Lenovo 11inch laptop, or the best offer yet, an LG 43inch Ultra HD tv!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Cine...del/B01LYHIZR3

The bigger the package is, the bigger the reward

£15 upfront for TV install. 

Half price Sky Cinema offer: New Sky Cinema customers only. 

12 months half price Sky Sports Offer: New Sky Sports customers only.

12 months half price Sky Cinema and Sky Sports offer: New Sky Cinema and Sky Sports customers only. Replaces existing offers. Sky Cinema and Sky Sports £18 extra pm for 12 months, then standard pricing (currently £36 extra per month). Cancellation requires 31 days’ notice. Further terms apply.

My cancellation goes through on the 30th, cancelled  because i'm moving house and was going to change providers, but now find Virgin are not available in my new house. So what would be the best way forward for me to get a bargain offer. Cheers Kingman

On 16 November 2016 at 19:45, Kingman said:

75% off and £100 credit  if you have left sky in the last 12 months and still have existing box. 

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/index?DCMP=ilc-Sky.com-ec-SSWB-mysky-gnav 

@foreveryoung if you are out of contract next week i would let expire then use the above link. 

Once discounts are applied and account credit added you can then transfer it over to Sky Q (if you want Q that is) 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2016 at 18:54, darrenm said:

Yeah agreed. Apart from the box sets. Pretty much everything noteworthy these days is Netflix. As far as I'm aware the box sets on sky are to buy and aren't included?

Nope. you get box sets included with Sky.

Possibly it's only with Sky HD? But I had the very basic Sky Package (plus HD) before I cancelled 2 months ago and I got the box sets for free

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope. you get box sets included with Sky.

Possibly it's only with Sky HD? But I had the very basic Sky Package (plus HD) before I cancelled 2 months ago and I got the box sets for free

You get box sets on sky q too. It has it's own category on the main menu.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2016 at 07:18, Kingman said:

Here are Sky's Black Friday Deals which begin yesterday :D

Start – Monday 21st November 2016
End – Sunday 4th December 2016 

Telephone and Broadband Unlimited Deal =

£15pcm for 12 months which includes line rental, broadband unlimited and pay as you talk calls.
You will also get a Free £75 MasterCard for signing up.

Sky TV deals =

Get one of the following free gifts, along with up to 20% off any package for 12 months.

Xbox One S, 32inch LG TV, £100 or £150 Voucher, Lenovo 11inch laptop, or the best offer yet, an LG 43inch Ultra HD tv!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Cine...del/B01LYHIZR3

The bigger the package is, the bigger the reward

£15 upfront for TV install. 

Half price Sky Cinema offer: New Sky Cinema customers only. 

12 months half price Sky Sports Offer: New Sky Sports customers only.

12 months half price Sky Cinema and Sky Sports offer: New Sky Cinema and Sky Sports customers only. Replaces existing offers. Sky Cinema and Sky Sports £18 extra pm for 12 months, then standard pricing (currently £36 extra per month). Cancellation requires 31 days’ notice. Further terms apply.

Looks very good. Is the box ultra HD? Is the sky broadband 80Mb FTTC?

Don't understand which of the offers are exclusive. E.g. what would be the total for line rental, 80Mb fibre broadband, and a package containing movies and sports? And what would I get free?

Finally, how do I get it? I can still cancel bt within 14 days so just considering my options. It would be a bit of a shame to not have Netflix built in but a webos TV should have it. Cheers!

I've just tried to do it via the sky website following the deal for the lg 43" TV and full package. £87 a month + £59 up front! And that's only for 40Mbit fibre.

Er where do I find the cheap deals?

Edit: Even with the black friday deals I think Sky's a bit out of my price range.

The UHD TV is only free with the box sets package which is £50 a month. The shows on box sets looks pretty rubbish I'm afraid. There's 2 shows I'm semi interested in so that's a bit pointless.

So the only package I'm actually interested in is the sports package with half price sports for 12 months. £33.75

Then the lower speed broadband which I'm not sure I could manage with is £37.40 with line rental included.

1 multiroom box sounds good so £12 as it brings the £200 Sky Q box down to £60

So it's £83.15 a month reduced down from £96.90. Not exactly mind-blowing. Then £108.95(!) up front installation of Sky Q + internet activation.

As I don't really need the 32" TV I could choose the £100 amazon voucher. But it's £109 set up free so I'll already be down £10 and then £20 more a month.

I think I'll stick with BT. Pity I really wanted an excuse to leave them.

Edited by darrenm

For Best BB Deals around use https://www.cable.co.uk/ 

If you say you've left Sky in the last 12 months or so try this https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/index?DCMP=ilc-Sky.com-ec-SSWB-mysky-gnav 75% off and £100 credit  if you have left sky in the last 12 months and see whats in your offers mate. Then upgrade to Q and carry over the new discounts.

12 hours ago, darrenm said:

I've just tried to do it via the sky website following the deal for the lg 43" TV and full package. £87 a month + £59 up front! And that's only for 40Mbit fibre.

Er where do I find the cheap deals?

Edit: Even with the black friday deals I think Sky's a bit out of my price range.

The UHD TV is only free with the box sets package which is £50 a month. The shows on box sets looks pretty rubbish I'm afraid. There's 2 shows I'm semi interested in so that's a bit pointless.

So the only package I'm actually interested in is the sports package with half price sports for 12 months. £33.75

Then the lower speed broadband which I'm not sure I could manage with is £37.40 with line rental included.

1 multiroom box sounds good so £12 as it brings the £200 Sky Q box down to £60

So it's £83.15 a month reduced down from £96.90. Not exactly mind-blowing. Then £108.95(!) up front installation of Sky Q + internet activation.

As I don't really need the 32" TV I could choose the £100 amazon voucher. But it's £109 set up free so I'll already be down £10 and then £20 more a month.

I think I'll stick with BT. Pity I really wanted an excuse to leave them.

Darren you thought about getting a Zgemma? Would save you significant amount of money 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I seem to get conflicting views on this when I look online?

Do you require a landline to have Sky? Is it a condition of the contract?

No but you need BB for things like Box Sets, Catch up and On Demand etc...

Just now, Kingman said:

No but you need BB for things like Box Sets, Catch up and On Demand etc...

Cheers

I've got broadband (Virgin) but no land line as Virgin don't require you to have one and I have no need for one! 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Everything is done via WiFi with Q now mate, Unless you hard wire it. 

In my experience, don't even think about wiring the mini-Q boxes. The wifi works better. I have the Sky Q box itself wired though. No phone line needed for Q.

26 minutes ago, limpid said:

In my experience, don't even think about wiring the mini-Q boxes. The wifi works better. I have the Sky Q box itself wired though. No phone line needed for Q.

Yeah same here, I've not hard wired the minis myself but after several daily sound and picture drop outs i found that a hard wire of the silver solved all the issues. I believe this was common in the early days being new technology teething problems and all that but have since been rectified with software updates. 

I've still left the CAT5 in though for faster downloads especially with the UHD content.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Darren you thought about getting a Zgemma? Would save you significant amount of money 

Nah mate but can't be bothered. I know various people get on well with Kodi etc but that kind of stuff has never really been my bag. I'd always prefer really high quality original source stuff even if it costs. I make exceptions for football matches though :)

Â