Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

Given notice to end my Sky TV package... but my Fibre contract doesn't end for 2 more months (due to their incompetence).

Will i still be able to access the free channels through the box? Will i be able to record these channels?

46 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Given notice to end my Sky TV package... but my Fibre contract doesn't end for 2 more months (due to their incompetence).

Will i still be able to access the free channels through the box? Will i be able to record these channels?

You can watch the very basic free view channels like itv4/more4 etc but lose semi basic channels like sky one/uk gold etc. 

All Sky+ features like pause, rewind. record will be disabled when your 31 day notice is up. 

Now that you have activated your cancelation notice Download the sky services app and see what offers you got, will prob be 50/60% off already.

Edited by Kingman

Even with every discount, special offer, black Friday crazy mega supercheap free house deals, I still couldn't get sky prices to be as low as BT, where the sky box doesn't have Netflix built in and 4k is £200 up front no matter what. And you're actively giving money to Rupert Murdoch.

No thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Are you existing HD looking to upgrade to Q or new customer? 

Existing HD customer, 50/50 on wanting to upgrade to Q/get a better deal.

paying £50 for box set hd bundle no sports/movies and not interested in them. 

9 hours ago, V01 said:

Dont upgrade to Q unless you need the watch 3 while record another.Reason=Its turd.

18 hours ago, V01 said:

Are you inside a contract?

9 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Dont upgrade to Q unless you need the watch 3 while record another.

Wow, Where can I buy one of these TV's that lets you watch 3? 

My missus would get shite done 3 times quicker :D

• Like 1

Just now, V01 said:

I'm free to cancel at any time.

Simple then mate, follow cancel instructions over last few pages!.. You Must Have the 31 Day Cancellation Active on your account or you won't get the 50/60% off. 

Once you have finished your phone call then log into your account either online, via the remote control for your TV or the Sky services App and the discount will be waiting for you :D 

NB, Discounts can be transferred over to Q if you want it. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AndyC said:

Anything good around at the moment for a current customer who's deal is about to end? 

I just took a 50% for 12 months deal that popped up in my offers after cancelling. Probably could have got 60% off if I'd been more patient.

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

BT :)

Seriously, I'm just not sure why anyone pays Sky prices.

What deal do you get with BT?

I have a Zgemma which has been great for the last 6 months and far cheaper. However sky have started blocking the channels now which is annoying. Apparently there is a new thing on IPTV where you can get all channels in HD. Only downer is you cant record like Zgemma does 

Â