• Lichaj
    • Baker
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann

Lampard really isn't a word removed. Great bloke, great player.

Agreed. I said today, I wanted Lamps to score, he deserves the record he has set. True professional. Genuinely seemed humbled by the applause he got as he left the pitch.

Of course, I wanted us to be 2 goals up when he scored!

The fact you wanted somebody to score against us is ridiculous

• Like 1

Lampard really isn't a word removed. Great bloke, great player.

Agreed. I said today, I wanted Lamps to score, he deserves the record he has set. True professional. Genuinely seemed humbled by the applause he got as he left the pitch.

Of course, I wanted us to be 2 goals up when he scored!

The fact you wanted somebody to score against us is ridiculous

It was inevitable that someone would score against us. We can't keep a clean sheet!

:D

iOOwEADufcdm4.gif

If you're going to be booking players for that, you'd see 10 a game.

He should have been sent off for that.

Alan Shearer made a great career and won many plaudits for doing that all the time

It doesn't make it right and one would hope that Lambert will have a word when the time is right.

Thought the ref was poor for both sides. He set the tone when he booked baker after 2 mins for a grat tackle. I'll watch basketball if I want to watch a non contact sport!

Hopefully it won't affect us, winning the last 2 were more important than today. All eyes on tomorrow and hoping for a couple of favours.

Setting the referee aside, who wasn't good for the game as a whole, I thought that Chelsea showed their star quality today. They needed to in order to overcome a very good Aston Villa side performing at a very high level of their abilities.

A draw would have been a fair result.

Next season will probably be a good one for both sides.

iOOwEADufcdm4.gif

If you're going to be booking players for that, you'd see 10 a game.

He should have been sent off for that.

Alan Shearer made a great career and won many plaudits for doing that all the time

It doesn't make it right and one would hope that Lambert will have a word when the time is right.

Sav is on MOTD tonight and will say that Benteke was unlucky to go for the second yellow but thinks the elbow was a straight red.

Edited by parisvilla

Setting the referee aside, who wasn't good for the game as a whole, I thought that Chelsea showed their star quality today. They needed to in order to overcome a very good Aston Villa side performing at a very high level of their abilities.

A draw would have been a fair result.

Next season will probably be a good one for both sides.

Nice to see you back again 'the trees.' :)

• Like 1

Tut tut tut, Christian you silly boy! Cost us the match there! I'll forgive him, as he's been brilliant this season. On to Tuesday night. Wait and see what happens.

How the f**k did he cost us the match?

Because we were all over them until he was sent off perhaps?

Really! There was me thinking that they only had 10 men when Benteke got sent off!

Perhaps you are suggesting that we needed the man advantage to beat them although I would remind you that we were winning when it was 11 v 11.

Benteke did not cost us the game. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Its looks like your eyes are just as good as mine and we can both count.

Chelsea are third in the Premiership and through to a European final whereas we have flirted with relegation all season and were dumped out of both cups by lower league opposition so yes we probably did need that man advantage. I'm sure it was just coincidence that Chelsea got so much 'better; when it was 10 v 10 and then went on to win the game.

Our defending let us down yet again hence their two goals but I would have put money on Beneteke scoring at least one more taking advantage of playing with more space that a ten man opposition gives you.

I share your disappointment as its a game we could have won given how we played in the first half but the simple reality is the game changed as soon as Beneteke was sent off.

Benteke getting sent off did not cost us the game.

If you argue that it did then I will argue that the referee cost us the game by not sending John Terry off for his elbow on Weimann.

You are clearly in the minority blaming Benteke and perhaps it helps you to come to terms with the defeat if you have someone to blame!

Hmmm.....you might want scroll through the thread and check that point. Oh and please cut out the cheap digs too, we all support the same club here.

The few posters on here who blame Benteke are hardly a representation of the Villa fan base are they!

Oh, there is nothing cheap about my digs, they are all priceless! 

Well its a sample of views from the clubs fan base. Who knows whether its representative.

As for the second I'm not sure priceless was quite the word I had in mind  :)

Overall I'm just **** pissed off we lost from a winning position yet again which is the lot of all Villa fans. Such is supporting Villa.

Edited by Harry

Anybody who thought that elbow wasn't deliberate is wearing claret and blue tinted spectacles I'm afraid. Naughty from Tekkers that.

I also thought it was a great game and the ref was dodgy for both teams. 

We've come a very long way since the 0-8 and boy did today show that. 

I thought it was a great performance today.

If we'd kept 11 men on the pitch we'd have won that game, and I think we'd have won it comfortably in the end.

Thought the Benteke red was harsh at the time, after seeing the video I realise it was, BUT I hadn't even noticed that elbow in the game. He should have gone for that so not sure we can complain.

But for the high boot incident, I don't think he can be blamed. His eye was on the ball. Certainly wasn't deliberate 

But that was undeniably the turning point in the game. Not so much because we went down to 10, but because after Benteke went off, we offered very little going forward. He was having one of those very good games and it cost us to have him go off.

Overall I think it was a good performance, despite the result. Great atmosphere and the reception for Stan was incredible. 

They showed our goal, and the Terry foul that should have been a red. And EVERYTHING else was Chelsea?

We had a load of chances at the start of the second half that weren't shown. And what about Westwood's shot that would have put us ahead that Cech saved? Or that deflected one that grazed the crossbar?

I don't usually complain about MOTD because I feel like it's just claret and blue specs and all clubs think they're hard done by. But that was **** terrible today.

Â