• Lichaj
    • Baker
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann

High feet will always run the risk of a booking since the rule on dangerous play is so vague. Neither that or his elbow were cynical. John Terry's foul on Sylla was. No surprise he bottled sending him off.

Tut tut tut, Christian you silly boy! Cost us the match there! I'll forgive him, as he's been brilliant this season. On to Tuesday night. Wait and see what happens.

How the f**k did he cost us the match?

Because we were all over them until he was sent off perhaps?

Really! There was me thinking that they only had 10 men when Benteke got sent off!

Perhaps you are suggesting that we needed the man advantage to beat them although I would remind you that we were winning when it was 11 v 11.

Benteke did not cost us the game. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Its looks like your eyes are just as good as mine and we can both count.

Chelsea are third in the Premiership and through to a European final whereas we have flirted with relegation all season and were dumped out of both cups by lower league opposition so yes we probably did need that man advantage. I'm sure it was just coincidence that Chelsea got so much 'better; when it was 10 v 10 and then went on to win the game.

Our defending let us down yet again hence their two goals but I would have put money on Beneteke scoring at least one more taking advantage of playing with more space that a ten man opposition gives you.

I share your disappointment as its a game we could have won given how we played in the first half but the simple reality is the game changed as soon as Beneteke was sent off.

Tut tut tut, Christian you silly boy! Cost us the match there! I'll forgive him, as he's been brilliant this season. On to Tuesday night. Wait and see what happens.

Really! There was me thinking that they only had 10 men when Benteke got sent off!

Perhaps you are suggesting that we needed the man advantage to beat them although I would remind you that we were winning when it was 11 v 11.

Chelsea are third in the Premiership and through to a European final whereas we have flirted with relegation all season and were dumped out of both cups by lower league opposition so yes we probably did need that man advantage. I'm sure it was just coincidence that Chelsea got so much 'better; when it was 10 v 10 and then went on to win the game.

Our defending let us down yet again hence their two goals but I would have put money on Beneteke scoring at least one more taking advantage of playing with more space that a ten man opposition gives you.

I share your disappointment as its a game we could have won given how we played in the first half but the simple reality is the game changed as soon as Beneteke was sent off.

Benteke getting sent off did not cost us the game.

If you argue that it did then I will argue that the referee cost us the game by not sending John Terry off for his elbow on Weimann.

You are clearly in the minority blaming Benteke and perhaps it helps you to come to terms with the defeat if you have someone to blame!

Loads of positives today. We bossed the game for a good hour and, had the sending off not taken the wind out of our sails, then eventually the extra man would have told. Chelsea looked tired and susceptible to pace, which our lot had in spades. But, I think a combination of experience, CL qualification and Fat Franks record target was enough to carry them through the day. AND they were unfortunate not to have been awarded the goal, which was 'cleared' of the line......in all the way (in much the same way as I thought we were robbed of at least one penalty). But in no way did we look second best. It was badly refereed, I will say that and I felt that Terry could quite easily have gone as well before getting injured. But, on the other hand, I was equally surprised that we did'nt sub Tekkers because he was damned fortunate not to go the first time.

Sylla was magnificent. He was everywhere and fully deserved MOTM. And the boy Delph seems to have discovered a new lease of life under Lambert, which bodes well for next season. And what a surprise it was to see Little Joe having a good game, with the one well-timed tackle bringing a few oohs and aahs from our house.

So, you can say it was a missed 3 points, but it was a game that no-one in all honesty expected us to get much out of. I think its all still up in the air until everyones facing the last match, but on the performance today I'm still confident.

Benteke getting sent off did not cost us the game.

If you argue that it did then I will argue that the referee cost us the game by not sending John Terry off for his elbow on Weimann.

You are clearly in the minority blaming Benteke and perhaps it helps you to come to terms with the defeat if you have someone to blame!

We were comfortable 11 v 10 1-0 up. Our best player gets sent off, how has it not cost us? Chelsea are a team full of class players, we have 1. The fact we were 1-0 up, he gets sent off and we lose 2-1 proves it cost us.

I need to see the 2 yellows again

Looked harsh from where I was sat

I think today sums up where Villa are and the season in whole. At times we play some lovely stuff with the front 3 a real handful. Then a few sloppy laspes of concentration and we threw away our lead. Obviously the Bentenke sending off changed the game. We had the  goal and man  advantage and were looking for the killer 2nd, when it happened. I just knew we would lose after this.  I will have to look it on TV before I make my mind up on it. I thought largely the midfield was superb today esp Delph, but they need to chip in with some goals. Westwood, who I really rate, had a good chance at the end to score. It was a tame shot, and then Chelsea got the winner by fat frank who knows how to put in the onion bag.

We really need Arsenal to help us out midweek or I dont think I could take the Wigan game. Our forward play suggest no way we deserve to go down, but the table shows that we are still not safe.

The petrov walk was very classy by the club and I wish him well for the future.

• Like 1

Agree with all negative comments in regard to the ref. Horrible.

Massive, massive first half from Delph, loved seeing him get forward with the ball as he did. And that shot! So close to a wonderful goal. It's very indicative of the work Lambert is doing when you see the improvement in him.

Disappointed we didn't get a point out of the game.

Edited by hogso

Â