• Lichaj
    • Baker
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann

Delph MOTM. He has looked really good lately. I don' know what's sparked him, but hope he continues this way next season aswell.

Arsenal was always our best chance. Still is.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Just got back. Its a game we should have won really, and once again we threw it away. When Benteke was sent off I just knew what was coming, Fat Frank Lumplard gets another two to add to the hundreds of goals he's scored against us over the years. I can't wait til that word removed retires.

I didnt think we played particularly badly but losing our heads is what has made this season one of the worst I can remember. Chelsea were obviously helped by an extremely poor ref, but that goes without saying.

I just hope Arsenal can do the honours on Tuesday but I wouldnt bet against Wigan pulling off the most unlikeliest of victories. Its just been the story of this season, a season where the footballing gods have conspired to **** us over at every opportunity!

said in the match thread the benteke / ramires high boot arent the same!

ramires - trying to win a bouncing ball at head height with his foot

benteke - trying to control a high ball dropping over his shoulder

Which was shown by the fact that Ramires got a straight red. Benteke got a second yellow

Ramires - straight red- are you sure?

Tut tut tut, Christian you silly boy! Cost us the match there! I'll forgive him, as he's been brilliant this season. On to Tuesday night. Wait and see what happens.

How the f**k did he cost us the match?

Edited by pacbuddies

Thought Mason had a crap game, the Baker challenge was never a yellow, Terry should have had a second yellow for the arm across Weimann. But ultimately we can only blame ourselves for not making the most out of the 1 man advantage while we had it. Fingers crossed Arsenal seal our safety on Tuesday.

Sylla was my MOTM, he's really surprised me recently.

Was a great atmosphere at VP today, just a shame more of the fans don't come to every game. 

Great performance from the lads. We looked so full of energy and continued to push forwards. Shame about Benteke though, I really don't think that was worth another yellow. He was trying to control a high ball, nothing malicious in it at all. Trust Terry to make such a meal of it, tit. Very promising though, looks like we're really starting to build something here. Bent will most likely want to prove something if we play him against Wigan, so it looks like that could make for an interesting one. Just waiting for Tuesday now....

Delph easily MOTM for me. I haven't been his biggest fan since he came here, but the last few months he's totally proved me wrong.

Great player, would love to have seen him score today, he deserves it.

Gutted, the lads did their best, 100% effort that has gone unrewarded.

As already mentioned Sylla and Delph were both stand outs.

Not words I would normally say but "up the Arse" but it is squeaky bum time!

Edited by SeanO

I feel hard done by, a point would have been fair. I think the lads played well and with lots of energy. It was naive from Benteke to make that challenge, it was innocent enough looking but he should have been thinking about the yellow he was on. 

The behaviour of Chelsea near the end of the game was awful and petulant. Cech not giving Weimann the ball for the corner, players rolling around on the ground for no reason and Ivanovic acting a tool with the bottle. It just sums Chelsea up for me, they have no honour.

Bad taste in my mouth after this game, I feel sorry for the lads but a performance like that against Wigan should do it.

Chelsea just sun up everything wrong with football.

We should have had a point save for some sloppy defending (yet again). Shame Beneteke did not stay on the pitch as if he had I think we would have battered them. One good thing its its probably the last time we will see that embarrassment  of a player John Terry at Villa Park.

Assuming we stay up there was so much to take from that game.

Edited by Harry

Tut tut tut, Christian you silly boy! Cost us the match there! I'll forgive him, as he's been brilliant this season. On to Tuesday night. Wait and see what happens.

Because we were all over them until he was sent off perhaps?

Really! There was me thinking that they only had 10 men when Benteke got sent off!

Perhaps you are suggesting that we needed the man advantage to beat them although I would remind you that we were winning when it was 11 v 11.

Benteke did not cost us the game. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Really! There was me thinking that they only had 10 men when Benteke got sent off!

Perhaps you are suggesting that we needed the man advantage to beat them although I would remind you that we were winning when it was 11 v 11.

He clearly did cost us the match. Chelsea have a better team than ours, he leveled the playing field getting sent off. We had no big man up front to hold it up which invited the pressure. Not to mention the rise in momentum it gave Chelsea.

He clearly did cost us the match. Chelsea have a better team than ours, he leveled the playing field getting sent off. We had no big man up front to hold it up which invited the pressure. Not to mention the rise in momentum it gave Chelsea.

You carry on believing that we lost because benteke got sent off and the rest of us will carry on living in the real world.

Â