• Lichaj
    • Baker
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann

Nice of them to dedicate 15 seconds to Petrov at the end there. They could probably have given him more if they hadn't spent 15 minutes talking about Lampard.

• Like 1

The MOTD coverage is just silly. Total Chelski love in from Motty with barely a mention on Villa. Grump.

You sound surprised.

The one thing I would take from today is that we are a side on the up. For all the money that their owner has pissed away on his manufactured side they were not that much better. I just pity the poor sod who has to manage them next.

They had to cheat to win, that's how desperate they were I suppose.

It's the opposite to how we play and we're too inexperienced to deal with it presently.

It's why 11v11 we did well but the longer the game went on the more their dirty tricks had an effect 

And obviously it didn't help with Benteke getting sent off.

Plus Luiz coming on and actually playing football helped. He and Cole are the only Chelsea players who did that. Hazard plays like a kid in a playground just trying to skin everyone.

The ref set a strange precedent really early on with the Baker booking and I think the game suffered from it.

But we're building to be the English Dortmund and pretty soon we'll be wiping the floor with their out-of-date ways.

• Like 2

Only Aston Villa could go off at half time with a 1-0 lead against 10 men and end up losing 1-2 with 10 men.

Referee was looking for an excuse to send off one of our players to "balance" the teams, there's no way we would've finished with 11 players on the pitch.

Everyone that's going on about the benteke elbow. The ref gave Chelsea a free kick and booked benteke for it. So he must of seen it? Well actually he probably didn't based on the rest of his performance. I'm still annoyed at him booking baker for a superb tackle. It was as if he was saying how dare you tackle a Chelsea player!

Only Aston Villa could go off at half time with a 1-0 lead against 10 men and end up losing 1-2 with 10 men.

Referee was looking for an excuse to send off one of our players to "balance" the teams, there's no way we would've finished with 11 players on the pitch.

Yep, the Benteke sending-off was as bullshit as Ramires's if we're honest, so balance was achieved. Gabby mugged the ref in the first half, so he mugged us in the second half.

I said this about ten minutes before the ref acted like a retard again

Chelsea's red card came when they 15 minutes in the dressing room to reorganise. Ours didn't and look what happened, Villa were rabbits caught in the headlights.

Very good performance and atmosphere .. Sadly a bad result !

I think if we had got the second while we were 11-10 .. We could have battered them .. Anyone I'm hoping that Wigan doesn't win at Arsenal .. And results goes our way today ! 

The midfield is really getting better ! Delph is getting better and better .. But still he need to score a goal for his confidence .. Sylla is really great .. Although he doesn't know how to cross very well .. But you could rest when the ball is with him !

A real good signs in the game .. Hopefully we stay up .. And next season with performances like this I think we could be in a very good position !

Sylla and Delph excellent, the former being my motm. V soft second yellow for both Benteke and Ramires but Tekkers could've gone for the elbow and Terry should've gone for the hand in Andi's face. Overall a v promising performance for next season with lots of defensive coaching needed in the summer. Lichaj is more than adequate back up for Matty Lowts. Come on arsenal.

Great performance form the midfield for a change yesterday. Sylla, Delph & Westwood worked together well. Still think we need to strengthen with a bigger player, a midfield "general". We don't have one of those at the moment although Westwood might become it - who knows?

Hard to argue that Benteke's sending off was unfair. You simply can't make challenges like that in today's game & he should know it. Also he had been asking for it all game.

Makes you realise there is still a lot to sort out in his game. 

Yep, the Benteke sending-off was as bullshit as Ramires's if we're honest, so balance was achieved. Gabby mugged the ref in the first half, so he mugged us in the second half.

Neither high-feet were bookable but Ramires was second yellow-in-waiting and would've been sent off sooner or later.

Â