• Lichaj
    • Baker
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann

Just saw the "Sylla through on goal" when tackled by John Terry. Well, Mr. Lambert, I don't share your opinion of that being a clear opportunity to score and a red card. A few players who could definitely race him up and tackle before he gets to that point - so all in all a yellow card is correct in my opinion. If a ref is to give a red card there can be no doubt in his mind that the player will get to the ball first, control it and then get a shot on goal that will trouble the keeper. It was a close situation and impossible to tell, so no hard done for me.

The Ramires red is OK, he goes in clumsy twice in a matter of seconds and his foot it way too high when he is knowingly tackling another player. Same for Benteke, just clumsy and an OK yellow card, unfortunately. The players know very well that a high foot warrants a yellow card, so why does two players do it in a matter of 20 minutes? Strange...

The defence for Benteke is he didn't know Terry was there, whereas Ramires obviously knew he was challenging Gabby with a high foot.

There's nothing wrong with a high foot if there's no-one challenging you.

Now you could say Benteke should have known that someone would be challenging with him in that situation, and you'd be right. That's a bit of naivety. But if you're asking why he did it, then hat would be your answer.

I thought Lambert was complaining about our mate Terry hitting Andi in the face which should have been a second booking.

Â