FA Cup Final

andykeenan

Even in victory, Whelan still sounds like an idiot: "Fantastic! I had the dream but I didn't publish it. I thought we would get to the final and win 1-0 and it is repayment for me breaking my leg in 1960."

Swansea showed how poor wigans defence is but man city just didn't seem arsed, i bloody hope arsenal are on tuesday because if wigan win that i will be absolutely shitting it.

100% this. Arsenal will thrash them i think. City had zero movement, attacking ambition or desire. was like McLeish had become City manager for a day

Even in victory, Whelan still sounds like an idiot: "Fantastic! I had the dream but I didn't publish it. I thought we would get to the final and win 1-0 and it is repayment for me breaking my leg in 1960."

It's funny, because I had a dream that Wigan got to the final and won 1-0, then Whelan spoke some bollocks. But I kept it to myself until now.

Let him enjoy the moment, if he was our owner we'd be loving it. Some of you hate on people way too easily

It doesn't make any difference to the game on Tuesday, I still think Arsenal will win because with them needing to for CL

Also City struggle to break teams down when they park the bus.. has been like that all season.

Arsenal i'm not sure but with Santi and Walcott and potentially Chamberlain they have pace - something City lack.

but Wigan didnt park the bus as they cant. city were jsut crap.

also on tuesday they need to win so will be gaps for Walcott etc

Let him enjoy the moment, if he was our owner we'd be loving it. Some of you hate on people way too easily

It doesn't make any difference to the game on Tuesday, I still think Arsenal will win because with them needing to for CL

I think you should look up what else Whelan has said in the past. We don't hate him because he's happy his team has won the FA Cup we hate him because he's a clearing in the woods who says whatever will get him in the spotlight.

Citeh fans gracious in defeat. You wouldn't get that with their neighbours.

They're more used to losing, that's why. ;)

Message to City, if you're gonna win a final, please remember to turn up.

Just glad that wasn't a league game.

Shocking performance by City. No passion in that club at all, just a collection of over-paid prima donnas, nothing "team" about them at all, and it really shows. Wigan, on the other hand, played with purpose and conviction. I'm not saying that they played brilliantly, it was a combination of Wigan giving it all they had against a City side who couldn't be arsed, who down to 10 men by the time Wigan managed to score anyway.  I think (hope) Arsenal will be a different kettle of fish. More fight, more passion, and a CL spot that they're chasing, made more intense by Chelsea beating us today. Arsenal should be going for it, and will hopefully finally allow us to lock the bloody relegation thread and start looking forward to next season, getting this last match over with.

btw whatever happens to them this season. the Europa League will kill their squad next season especially if they are in Championship when more games are played

Depends on how far they make it. I think they won't get out of the group so the second half of the season will be unaffected.

Dave whelen broke his leg in an fa cup final? **** me Dave why didn't you mention it before today mate? We could have done this whole fan fare thing where you walk the team out, mayby even a skysports special called "a day in the life of Dave whelen", stop keeping things to yourself you wall flower*

*rocket polisher.

• Like 1

Delighted for Wigan! Don't get the hate for them on here at all? They play decent football and I do like Martinez. Yeah, Whelan can be a bit of a tool sometimes but a lot of football owners / chairmen can be! Man City are the epitome of what is wrong with football nowadays and i'm chuffed they lost

I thought it was a good game and McManaman played well and a deserved man of the match.

Still hope they get smashed by Arsenal though!

Delighted for Wigan! Don't get the hate for them on here at all? They play decent football and I do like Martinez. Yeah, Whelan can be a bit of a tool sometimes but a lot of football owners / chairmen can be! Man City are the epitome of what is wrong with football nowadays and i'm chuffed they lost

I thought it was a good game and McManaman played well and a deserved man of the match.

Still hope they get smashed by Arsenal though!

i think majority of hate(i know its from me) is because of Whelan. Im sure if they had anybody else in charge people wouldnt really care about them

Yes is the bitterness there because they are in a relegation battle with us? If we stay up I'd rather Newcastle or Sunderland go down myself. McManaman has been very impressive in recent matches.

Edited by PaulC

Â