Boston bombing

drat01

I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory.

There are often numerous conspiracy theories about most of the hundreds of notorious world wide events. How do you go about filtering what you see as a 'good conspiracy theory' from the thousands of misguided, sometimes malicious pieces of crap, which on inspection are often self conflicting or conflicting across conspiracy theories? That's a tremendous amount of research or naivety.

You didn't quote the first part of the sentence, and have entirely misunderstood me. I don't believe a word of the link, I just enjoy reading about the secretive machinations of imagined shadowy organisations. It is fascinating what some people come up with; perhaps they should turn their hand to writing thrillers.

I came across the link on Twitter, not during any exhaustive research, and it piqued my interest as I had not long ago read an article about the death of the American sniper whose name escapes me, and was the founder of Craft International. When someone else posted a photo of the guys being wildly speculated about I thought I would add to the madness. I'm sorry that seems to have upset you.

No upset, we're cool, I hope. It was a genuine question. You've probably guessed that I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories! It's just that I've heard enough of them that turned out to be nothing but time wasting bullsh!t, to be distinctly turned off by them. I'd guess that 1 in 1000 might have an element of credence, but if someone 'cries wolf' 999 times, the 1000th is bound to be passed over.

I'm not a fan of passing on chain emails (formally letters) either. You know, the ones that say 'send this on to 6 of your friends and you'll avoid bad luck'. What a crock of sh!t.

I'd also just like to say that he was always going to be tried as a citizen. I'm with everyone else on civil liberties, but everyone got waaay too jumpy on the Miranda rights thing without understanding what the Miranda rights are.

• Like 1

I'd also just like to say that he was always going to be tried as a citizen. I'm with everyone else on civil liberties, but everyone got waaay too jumpy on the Miranda rights thing without understanding what the Miranda rights are.

Miranda-Hart--481496448-340x280.jpg

I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory.

There are often numerous conspiracy theories about most of the hundreds of notorious world wide events. How do you go about filtering what you see as a 'good conspiracy theory' from the thousands of misguided, sometimes malicious pieces of crap, which on inspection are often self conflicting or conflicting across conspiracy theories? That's a tremendous amount of research or naivety.

You didn't quote the first part of the sentence, and have entirely misunderstood me. I don't believe a word of the link, I just enjoy reading about the secretive machinations of imagined shadowy organisations. It is fascinating what some people come up with; perhaps they should turn their hand to writing thrillers.

I came across the link on Twitter, not during any exhaustive research, and it piqued my interest as I had not long ago read an article about the death of the American sniper whose name escapes me, and was the founder of Craft International. When someone else posted a photo of the guys being wildly speculated about I thought I would add to the madness. I'm sorry that seems to have upset you.

No upset, we're cool, I hope. It was a genuine question. You've probably guessed that I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories! It's just that I've heard enough of them that turned out to be nothing but time wasting bullsh!t, to be distinctly turned off by them. I'd guess that 1 in 1000 might have an element of credence, but if someone 'cries wolf' 999 times, the 1000th is bound to be passed over.

I'm not a fan of passing on chain emails (formally letters) either. You know, the ones that say 'send this on to 6 of your friends and you'll avoid bad luck'. What a crock of sh!t.

Yes, of course we are. I wanted to assure that I wasn't being misrepresented as a tinfoil-hat wearing nutjob who believes that the moon landings never happened and got a little over-defensive, my apologies. To clarify, I enjoy the intrigue of some of the theories without actually lending any weight to their veracity. I treat them as fiction is probably the best way of putting it. I can see why they could anger some though, when they result in distress like that caused to those guys who the internet erroneously identified as bombing suspects and ended up on the front page of the New York Post, or the family of that poor missing student, a line is crossed. 

As for the chain-letters/emails I am in full agreement, they are willfully malicious and cause genuine angst for many; especially younger people. I remember a segment about chain-letters on Blue Peter back in the day, where Anthea Turner destroyed a letter and broke the chain to demonstrate to panicking kids across the land that nothing disastrous was about to befall them if they didn't pass it on. 

• Like 1

Miranda-Hart--481496448-340x280.jpg

My 'what I call' Human Rights. 

Okay, Mrs Tsarnaev has just been on the news saying that her sons are innocent.  That's fair enough I guess, it's a mother's prerogative.    

The reason she said they are innocent is kinda crazy though.  Apparently they can't have done it because they went to the marathon last year and didn't try to blow it up.

Okay, Mrs Tsarnaev has just been on the news saying that her sons are innocent.  That's fair enough I guess, it's a mother's prerogative.    

The reason she said they are innocent is kinda crazy though.  Apparently they can't have done it because they went to the marathon last year and didn't try to blow it up.

and they've previously cooked stuff without loss of life

it's a compelling arguement

I thought the same.

And also, if they were planning to blow people up at a major sporting event, would they really tell their mother? I imagine not, so of course she thinks they're innocent.

Edited by Stevo985

I thought the same.

And also, if they were planning to blow people up at a major sporting event, would they really tell their mother? I imagine not, so of course she thinks their innocent.

Ouch. ;)

I thought the same.

And also, if they were planning to blow people up at a major sporting event, would they really tell their mother? I imagine not, so of course she thinks their innocent.

Ouch. ;)

You really need to stop doctoring my posts to try and make it look like I have bad spelling and/or grammar... whistle.gif

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen so much bullshit in one link.

So have there been explanations of these things?

• him having a white backpack when the bomb was said to be in a black backpack
  • first brother shown naked, uninjured, in handcuffs, then dead with gaping wounds
  • second brother shown climbing out of the boat, then suddenly half dead with major blood loss
  • FBI in contact with older brother over 5 years
  • Putin offers help on Tuesday, before suspect identified and any Chechen connection known

I haven't been following this daily, so perhaps these things have been explained.

Â