Boston bombing

drat01

WTF "Authorities do not know if they will be able to question the subject as he was shot in the throat and tongue so he cannot speak"

Umm there is an invention called a pen and paper?

He should give his testimony through the medium of mime.

• Like 4

WTF "Authorities do not know if they will be able to question the subject as he was shot in the throat and tongue so he cannot speak"

I can imagine it would be something like this:  

"Three words. First word. Sounds like... blow? Breathe? Breath? Breath. Meth? Death! Second word... two... to! Third word... three syllables. First syllable... on... in... IN! Second syllable... AND third syllable. Beard. Smoke... Castro? FIDEL! I got it, I got it.... 'Death to infidels!!!" 

• Like 1

In order to justify this all being a "set up"...

My point wasn't about anything being a 'set up' (as the last line of my post indicated) - though at some point I wouldn't put it past the FBI cocking up with one of their sting operations and one of those going tragically wrong (again I'm not suggesting or speculating that has happened here).

My point was to suggest to people that they hold in check the 'well of course he's guilty, we watched it all on TV' line (and, yes, I'm paraphrasing a seemingly popular response to all sorts of media covered events).

Ah I see. Well if he doesn't get sent to gitmo, I'm sure he'll get the whole innocent until guilty show.

Hell, if I was the public defender, I'd pin all the blame on the older brother to try and avoid the death penalty

Ah I see. Well if he doesn't get sent to gitmo, I'm sure he'll get the whole innocent until guilty show.

If he gets sent to Guantanamo then I think the rest of the world ought to band together and invade the US to defend its citizens from its government. ;)

I was always uneasy about the mission to just kill Osama Bin Laden. Surely no government has the right to just go and pick someone off without giving them some kind of trial.

Some people can't accept the darker side of human nature can't stretch to "conspiracy"

I read the official statement and it said nothing about them planting a bomb. Just they were suspected of it, the one didn't flinch as the first went off. And that was the footage they referred to.

Whoever did this is sick.

My point is never believe all you read.

It's all right for you guys that don't look like "foreign"

People take comfort in the conspiracy. The alternative would be accepting that the world is a violent and chaotic place and that you have no control of what will happen, when it will happen and who did it.

That's much more terrifying than, say, the Jews controlling the world bank or that Lambert wasn't playing Bent to avoid the 50 game 'pay clause.'

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 1

People take comfort in the conspiracy. The alternative would be accepting that the world is a violet and chaotic place and that you have no control of what will happen, when it will happen and who did it.

That's much more terrifying than, say, the Jews controlling the world bank or that Lambert wasn't playing Bent to avoid the 50 game 'pay clause.'

Whatever happened the world is that very place.

Some people can't accept the darker side of human nature can't stretch to "conspiracy"

I read the official statement and it said nothing about them planting a bomb. Just they were suspected of it, the one didn't flinch as the first went off. And that was the footage they referred to.

Whoever did this is sick.

My point is never believe all you read.

It's all right for you guys that don't look like "foreign"

I think the guy that was pictured with his legs blown off identified one of the bombers.

Until a trial and he (they) are found guilty they will be 'suspected' of doing it. They cannot legally say they actually did it until the court finds them guilty. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is a large amount of doubt. Just the legalities of calling them the actual bombers until they have been found guilty. They may a crystal clear video of them walking over, depositing the bomb and walking away. Still only suspected of doing it at this stage.

Â