Boston bombing

drat01

I tell you it makes me mad when I'm accused of something I didn't do. This was their way of protesting their innocence. ;-)

Reminds me of the time I beat the security guard in ASDA to death with a Butternut Squash when he asked to look in my bags as I left the store. ;)

Totally justified, assuming the squash was receipted.

Not to sound stupid or conspiratorial, but can anybody show me the proof these two lads were the bombers. As it says alledged and there are images placing them at the scene etc.. But I haven't seen anything else suggesting it was them and one of them (at least) is dead so they won't tell us.

I guess until the trial we've only got the footage of them dropping bombs at the scenes, killing a cop, throwing explosives at police, bomb making stuff at their house and admitting they were the bombers to the person they carjacked to go on :D

Ye I hadn't investigated it. Now I have a little bit and they didn't say they saw them drop the bombs off, rather they were in the area and didn't flinch after the first bomb went off.

Also I haven't seen them say they did it. Did the person who was carjacked record them saying that? I don't believe all I read. Not to say they didn't of course but I haven't seen conclusive or indeed any evidence to say they did.

The cop killing is different, as in the evidence is a (little) clearer.

Whatever they did, it's not good. But history shows, you never know or will never know the truth

I am happy to see actual evidence though :)

I am happy to see actual evidence though :)

Also...

Bomb making equipment at their house? C'mon son. Anybody could have stuff planted on them. I wouldn't go by that.

What would the motivation be to set them up? More curbs on civil liberties?

I work with someone who believes 9/11 conspiracies.

They have video evidence of them dropping off the bomb, they just can't show it to sway any potential jury. But yeah, couple that with the fact that they killed a cop, engaged in a shoot out, threw grenades at cops, threw the same delivery device of the original bomb at them, had the older brother wearing a suicide vest, found more explosives at their residence and it paints a pretty clear picture.

well I suppose if it wasn't them we'll find out when the next bomb goes off, unless of course it was all a complete CGI hoax, or the FBI did it

there needs to be a fair and open trial, but on the surface I can't see too many variables to the verdict

• Like 1

...it paints a pretty clear picture.

The 'pretty clear picture' that has been painted has been of events and actions at least one step away from (almost) everyone, though, hasn't it?

This isn't some kind of 'they were set up' claim from Dagestan, btw. ;)

This could be one big set up

I would not put anything past the US.

Back in a sec, someone's at the door

Is it Tesco home delivery?

Ahh it's no one, just a helicopter circling overhead

...it paints a pretty clear picture.

The 'pretty clear picture' that has been painted has been of events and actions at least one step away from (almost) everyone, though, hasn't it?

This isn't some kind of 'they were set up' claim from Dagestan, btw. ;)

Of course anything is possible, I'm not naive enough to exclude that.

It's just Occam's Razor.

In order to justify this all being a "set up", you would have to have government sources plant elaborate stories about both of the brothers, have someone else plant the bombs in a public place, subsequently convince the thousands of cops and FBI agents that it's not these shady agents and that it's actually the two brothers, then have these brothers kill a cop and engage in a fictitious shoot out that was caught on video by several neighborhood people (though they could be plants too I guess) and then subsequently have an incredibly media exposed manhunt complete with humvee's on the road and armed personnel walking around all for show.

Yeah.

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 1

In order to justify this all being a "set up"...

My point wasn't about anything being a 'set up' (as the last line of my post indicated) - though at some point I wouldn't put it past the FBI cocking up with one of their sting operations and one of those going tragically wrong (again I'm not suggesting or speculating that has happened here).

My point was to suggest to people that they hold in check the 'well of course he's guilty, we watched it all on TV' line (and, yes, I'm paraphrasing a seemingly popular response to all sorts of media covered events).

Â