Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

The_Rev

Yes we just don't want to concede an early goal. When they come we have to take our chances and Guzan will have to play a blinder. Can't see anything else other than a united win to be fair. I just hope its not a big margin and have an effect on morale and confidence.

We'd just beaten Liverpool 3-1 then went to Stamford Bridge and lost 8-0. It took us about 3 months to get over that.

Bring back Sylla, play a tight 4-3-3 and we will be able to contain them and frustrate them for long periods. We'll still make a few chances, have to take one or two of them. 

If we concede early we could easily get hammered though. 

Exactly this - it's what I come on this thread to post.

Their midfield looked poor against WHam, and although they have the attackers we need to try and nullify the service.

Oh, and Vlaar to hit RVP like a train and not get booked, but Baker breaths down his neck gently in the 80 minute and get a second yellow.

With the option of bringing on Bent, N Zog and Gabby as game changers with 20 or so minutes to go if it's still tight and he feels we could knick it.

So, if it stays 0-0, that'd be the 80th minute then?

I am neither defeatist or always positive when it comes to our games, but it is hard to get excited for this game.. Man U almost never lose at home, in fact they always seem to win. Anyway, it would take a miracle for us to take a point off them, but the game also has to be played first. What's most important for me this weekend is what will happen to Wigan, Stoke and Sunderland. If we lose and they lose, then OK. If we manage a magnificent draw and they all win, disaster. Something like that. Stoke are away to QPR who right about now know they will relegate so perhaps they will up their game because the pressure is gone. They are down, time to bring out some positive energy to end the season on a high. Sunderland have a tough game against Everton, which has a draw written all over it and Wigan play a tough West Ham away. I was impressed with West Ham last night, but that was against Man U and not Wigan, they can suddenly return with a crap performance which kind of epitomizes Allardyce teams. I predict a draw for all of these teams really, which would take us one point in deficit but we can fix that against Sunderland, a game we have to win!

One of the few glimmers of hope is that United haven't been really looking up to snuff lately. We gave it a right go last time and I think there's an outside chance we'll at least not get hammered.

My biggest concern is that our fullbacks tend to tuck in a lot. If we give Carrick or Scholes time on the ball, they're going to hit that long diagonal and have us on the back foot really quickly. Think it's really important for Lowton and Bennett to keep their concentration levels high and not let their man get in behind them.

They'll score in the first 3mins and we'll all think well that's that then. We'll then proceed to have a really good go back at them, squandering a couple of good chances along the way. Then just when we start to believe that maybe, just maybe we might sneak something they'll blast another past us in the final 10mins followed by another 2 for good measure in Fergie time.

4-0

Edited by flamingsombrero

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar © Baker Bennett

Delph Westwood Sylla

Weimann Bent Gabby

Benteke has looked sluggish last two games (Stoke and Fulham) so needs a rest, but PL probably won't even have this in his mindset.