Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

The_Rev

Will be interesting to see whether Fergie rests a few this time around or will he give us the utmost respect by fielding his best team?

I think they will try to close the title out first and then think of resting a few

Will be interesting to see whether Fergie rests a few this time around or will he give us the utmost respect by fielding his best team?

I think they will try to close the title out first and then think of resting a few

If man city lose they can win it against us, so let's hope Man City and they're not playing for the League.

The torturous bit about playing Utd is they usually allow us to take the lead, they offer us hope then rip it away in Fergie time

I think at least we will go for it, as Fergie said, Lambo will set us up to try and win the match rather than some sort of defensive approach to try and battle out a point. Of course if we did try a defensive approach we would get raped so the only logical thing to do is attack.

Could you imagine if we actually won.

Ashley Young out for season so one less to worry about

No chance to repeat his disgraceful dive.

I expect us to lose but I'm hoping we show a bit of fight unlike last season.

The torturous bit about playing Utd is they usually allow us to take the lead, they offer us hope then rip it away in Fergie time

I think at least we will go for it, as Fergie said, Lambo will set us up to try and win the match rather than some sort of defensive approach to try and battle out a point. Of course if we did try a defensive approach we would get raped so the only logical thing to do is attack.

Could you imagine if we actually won.

We won't win.

We must avoid another naive display that saw us crucified At Chelsea .

The thing is with this fixture is noone is expecting anything from us, many assuming we will lose, so we may as well go **** at them, but look for a few uglier tactics such as long ball from the back over the top for Weimann to chase but also keep it tight with a more defensive line up...

So I would go:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Bennet

Clark

Sylla  Westwood  Delph

Weimann & Benteke

With the option of bringing on Bent, N Zog and Gabby as game changers with 20 or so minutes to go if it's still tight and he feels we could knick it.

Wheres the width going to come from?

Yeah I know it's not ideal Paul, I just don't see us getting anything out of this unless we 'park the bus' somewhat as has been suggested and I think that both Benteke and Weimann can run the channels too with balls either over the top or played through the midfield, I just think being a bit more direct on Monday night is the only way we are going to get anything out of it- keep it tight, try to hit on the break and put balls into the box from any set pieces we get...use the pace of gabby later on in the game, bring on N-Zog too if we think we can nick something...

Hopefully if results go our way later, there will be less pressure on us on Monday night..? Here's hoping.

Anyway, up the Villa

With the option of bringing on Bent, N Zog and Gabby as game changers with 20 or so minutes to go if it's still tight and he feels we could knick it.

So, if it stays 0-0, that'd be the 80th minute then?

yes that would be about right!

By the way what are the numbers looking like for our **** brilliant away fans? How many are we taking up there so far?

The realist in me can't see past a defeat by at least a couple, unless Villa get a fair and large slice of luck, considering that is the one thing we've never experienced in a game against Man Utd in living memory I'm not holding my breath, but a liittle part of me just won't give up a faint hope we can nick something, but i guess that's all part of being a fan.

The thing is with this fixture is noone is expecting anything from us, many assuming we will lose, so we may as well go **** at them, but look for a few uglier tactics such as long ball from the back over the top for Weimann to chase but also keep it tight with a more defensive line up...

So I would go:

Guzan

Clark

Sylla  Westwood  Delph

Weimann & Benteke

Yeah I know it's not ideal Paul, I just don't see us getting anything out of this unless we 'park the bus' somewhat as has been suggested and I think that both Benteke and Weimann can run the channels too with balls either over the top or played through the midfield, I just think being a bit more direct on Monday night is the only way we are going to get anything out of it- keep it tight, try to hit on the break and put balls into the box from any set pieces we get...use the pace of gabby later on in the game, bring on N-Zog too if we think we can nick something...

Hopefully if results go our way later, there will be less pressure on us on Monday night..? Here's hoping.

Anyway, up the Villa

So I would go:

Guzan

Clark

Sylla  Westwood  Delph

Weimann & Benteke

Anyway, up the Villa

I think if we go out with a negative intent we'll probably loose 2 or 3-0. Obviously we cant be too positive but I think we should stick to how we played at Everton and Arsenal and we might get lucky. Its a big if though. A narrow defeat wouldn't be a disaster but a 4 or 5 nil would be in terms of morale and confidence.

....................................Guzan...................................

Foeton..................Vlaar.........Baker..............Bennett

Weimann...Holman...Westwood...Delph...Agbonlahor

...................................Benteke..................................

^ I'd go similar but Sylla instead of Holman.

....................................Guzan...................................

Foeton..................Vlaar.........Baker..............Bennett

Weimann......Sylla.....Westwood...Delph.....Agbonlahor

...................................Benteke..................................