Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

The_Rev

Guzan hasn't had to save a shot in the last two matches (Stoke and Fulham) but that will certainly change tonight, 200 more saves he mentioned in a recent interview, probably see half of those 200 tonight :blush: 3-1 Utd for me, but no doubt there will be some kind of controversy along the way e.g. involving Fergie time no **** doubt.

Edited by Avflife

1-1 I reckon. A result that doesn't really help either team.

A draw would help us, A totally unexpected point where next to no one would back such a result and with good reason, it would but us 4 points ahead of Wigan, meaning no matter what Wigan do survival would still be in our own hands, If we match their results we stay up.

Also it would also put Newcastle, Stoke and Sunderland One win for us and a defeat for any of them away from falling behind us, because of our goal difference it could be an important point

But seeing as it won't happen, lets not dwell on it   ;) 

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

That would absolutely help us! It would mean Wigan's game in hand couldn't put them ahead of us if they win it. It would gives us bags of confidence that we'd got a point out of the Champions elect.

Ultimately it would be a bonus point form a game nobody expects us to get anything from.

Never going to happen, mind you. We're going to get hammered.

What a strange post

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Maybe I was under valueing a point for us at this stage but to get a reply like that from CI, Priceless :)

• Like 3

I just can't see us getting anything from this one. They'll want to win it at OT tonight. They'll not play well until they get the first, then it will be exhibition stuff for the next four. We might get one. 

A gloomy 5-1 prediction. 

Weirdly I don't think we'll get spanked.

I think United wil win 1 or 2-0

But I think it will be one of those games where we don't have a chance. ANd it'll be obvious that if we were to score, Untied could easily step up a gear and score another.

Our best chance is that we hold it at 1-0 and score a 95th minute equaliser.

1-1 would be a great result in two ways.

Obviously, a points a point at this stage of the game and gives us a possible edge. But imagine the confidence a draw at OT would bring to the boys going into the next two, more winnable, games?

Maybe I was under valueing a point for us at this stage but to get a reply like that from CI, 

There is no maybe about it! A draw would be excellent, er...we'd be 4 points not 3 above Wigan, and a point closer to everyone else from an away game at old trafford when, if they win, they get to win the title infront of their own fans. 

We'd be able to relax a degree about our goal difference compared to Wigans. 

Our best chance is that we hold it at 1-0 and score a 95th minute equaliser.

We can't hold on to anything this season.

Which is why we'd have to equalise at the absolute last possible moment. Because if United have anytime to come back at us we'll probably crumble!

Man Utd's form since going out of CL has not been amazing. Won by 1 against Reading & Sunderland, drew & lost to Chelsea in FA Cup, beat Stoke by 2 but lost to City & drew West Ham. Certainly they will be wanting & expecting to seal the title tonight but If they just show up thinking they've won already, I actually think from recent performances we could surprise them. Most likely it'd be nothing more than a scare before they turn it round, but sneaking a point is not beyond realms of possibility.