Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

wasnt holman a free? plus the fact hes on low wages would make sense to keep him as a rotation player, hes not actually that bad, always puts the work rate in and can play most positions

whats going out is certainly just as important as whats coming in, but i dont think we will get much for our deadwood...

Given - free due to age

Dunne - contract expiry

Hutton - £1m

Makoun - whatever is agreed

Bannan - £2m maybe

Ireland - £2m cut price to shift, this more than likely will happen on transfer deadline night

Petrov - retiring

Delfouneso - £1m

Bent - £8m

thats only around £16m, not alot to play with, although i personally would also like to throw in delph for the exit door for around £2m and keep bent

:blink:

Agreed BJ10. I still think Delph with the right coaching could be the DM enforcer we are missing. 

Remember seeing a team photo a few years back and Fabian was sat next to NRC and the difference in size was alarming. Think he really needs to fill out, and with his match stick legs it's no wonder he was always injured.

Agreed BJ10. I still think Delph with the right coaching could be the DM enforcer we are missing. 

I disagree that he could be an enforcer as more of the frenzied creativity to Westwood's calm, but fully agree he could be a big player for us if he continues progressing like he has.

Anyone remember the late David Rocastle who played for Arsenal and Leeds? Delph reminds me of him at the moment but it will be interesting to see what eventual position Delph fulfils his undoubted potential whether it be with us or someone else. 

Ireland will go on a free, as for Delph, we should be building a side around him and Westwood, perhaps buy Liam Trotter aswell.

Would really like another CB and an exciting winger.

Weight: kg

Toure, Yaya: 90

Mikel, Obi: 86

Felliani, Marouane: 85

Dembele, Mousa: 82

Tiote, Chiek: 76

Diaby, Abou: 75

Ramires: 73

Delph, Fabian: 60

There will be many takers for Bent at £8-10 million, he scores goals and they are still an expensive commodity.

Won't get anything for Ireland. He hasn't done anything for 4 years and he's in his last year of his contract, on high wages. I will be very surprised if he's sold, more Likely out on loan with us picking up a huge percentage of wages.

Albrighton and Bannan could bring in a few million, between them as could the fonz.

Edited by Oaks

No one is going to give us £8m for Bent. Maybe £4m at a push.

No one is going to give us £2m for Ireland.

No one is going to give us £2m for Bannan.

No one is going to give us £1m for Hutton.

I think you're wrong on all accounts really. We could easily get 2m for Bannan. He'd be pretty good in a team like Swansea as a backup for Briton. Or in a newly promoted team. If we can get 3.5m for Luke Moore we can get the money mentioned above for those players. 

Toure, Yaya: 90

Mikel, Obi: 86

Felliani, Marouane: 85

Dembele, Mousa: 82

Tiote, Chiek: 76

Diaby, Abou: 75

Ramires: 73

Mate if the history of football has told us anything you can't pigeon hole players into positions due to their weight and height alone.

Would you say Javier Mascherano, Lassana Diarra, Lucas Leiva or Scott Parker are big in stature? They might be heavier than Delph but then it is very easy to bulk up players if the player wants to. Gabby is evidence of that.

To say that DM midfielders must be a certain weight or height to be successful in football is just talking bollocks. 

Jeez, I bet he has to hang on to lamp posts when it's windy.

Mate if the history of football has told us anything you can't pigeon hole players into positions due to their weight and height alone.

Would you say Javier Mascherano, Lassana Diarra, Lucas Leiva or Scott Parker are big in stature? They might be heavier than Delph but then it is very easy to bulk up players if the player wants to. Gabby is evidence of that.

To say that DM midfielders must be a certain weight or height to be successful in football is just talking bollocks. 

Javier Mascherano is beefcake. 74kg.

Lucas Leiva 74kg

Lassana Diarra 73kg.

Scott Parker 67kg.

Scott Parker is only one that gets close to Delph's 60kg and he must already be on "the limit" of physical attributes required by a midfield enforcer.

Sorry, on physical attributes alone Delph is not going to be an enforcer over anyone other than the Barry Bannans of the league (Bannan is also 60kg).

Flyweights won't cut it unless they have some skill.

Did we pay £8m for Delph - if so, why? Did we expect him to get bigger?

Edited by Con

Delph isn't a Defensive midfielder.

He plays / is played like one.

Created 8 chances in 18 appearances, 0 assists. 1 goal in 40 appearances.  48% of Delph's passes go backwards.

I don't want to sour the Delph love-in but I'm not convinced he's an especially creative player, and he's not got the physical stature for a midfield enforcer.

He's still a good player though. Perhaps he would be a reliable replacement in the Britton role at Swansea? 

I can see Monaco coming in for N'Zogbia if they are promoted.

Billionair russian owner and not affected by the new tax rules in france.

Might be a good move for him if he still harbours any hope of playing for France in Brazil next summer