Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Didnt Altidore rip Spain apart in that Confederations Cup game. I think he is better than Adu could ever be and I think he is talented. Was a poor Hull team he was in at the time which didnt help

Arsenal are sniffing around Lowton i believe.

Even taking Benteke into consideration, i think Lowton is going to be the hardest player to keep hold of this summer. Hes english and hasnt missed a league game in 3 or something years. Not to mention his age and performances this year.

No way, in my opinion.

Lambert took a chance on him, pulled him up from a lower league and has then played him in every game. I have a feeling that Lowton, like Westwood, is one of those players that we could see here for a good few years.

Arsenal are sniffing around Lowton i believe.

Even taking Benteke into consideration, i think Lowton is going to be the hardest player to keep hold of this summer. Hes english and hasnt missed a league game in 3 or something years. Not to mention his age and performances this year.

No way, in my opinion.

Lambert took a chance on him, pulled him up from a lower league and has then played him in every game. I have a feeling that Lowton, like Westwood, is one of those players that we could see here for a good few years.

I would like to believe that as well, but most footballers follow the money and the glory.  No such thing as Loyalty in football anymore as we have found out over the past 3-4 years. 

Edited by HeyAnty

Jenkinson is woefully underrated. He is much better than Sagna and Arsenal look more solid with him in team. In fairness one position England are surprisingly really solid in depth at moment is right back

Lowton is no where near good enough for Arsenal. 

As great as he is at crossing, he makes defensive mistakes every game.

then he would fit in at Arsenal with Vermaelen and Mertesacker ;)

Had'nt even considered anyone coming in for Lowton. Interesting, but like Rob182 I don't really see him as your average mercenary.

If its right,though, someone ought to point out that he does'nt hit 'goals of the season' every week!

No way, in my opinion.

I would like to believe that as well, but most footballers follow the money and the glory. No such thing as Loyalty in football anymore as we have found out over the past 3-4 years.

For every James Milner, there is a Leighton Baines.

Lowton has been plucked from the lower leagues, and I just have a feeling that he'd rather be our first choice rightback, being part of what Lambert is building, looking to fight for a top half place in the league (if we stay up!) instead of warming the bench on a bigger side.

No way, in my opinion.

I would like to believe that as well, but most footballers follow the money and the glory. No such thing as Loyalty in football anymore as we have found out over the past 3-4 years.

For every James Milner, there is a Leighton Baines.

Lowton has been plucked from the lower leagues, and I just have a feeling that he'd rather be our first choice rightback, being part of what Lambert is building, looking to fight for a top half place in the league (if we stay up!) instead of warming the bench on a bigger side.

For every Leighton Baines there are about 50 the opposite.  And in fairness to James Milner he wasnt one of the Mercenaries i was thinking about.  Out of all the big time Charlies that left Villa he was the one who didnt act the N0B.

I hope you're right but i dont have much faith in footballers these days.  Loyalty is something you build up over a few years not 8-9 months IMO

Lowton won't be going to Arsenal. This is classic newspaper gossip mongering. Player A scores a bit of a wonder goal one week, fans see it on MotD/tv and think it is pretty impressive, Newspaper links player to top team to sucker in gullible fans of both teams to read. Don't get me wrong Lowton is not a bad player, but he won't be on Arsenal's radar at all. The only players I am concerned about leaving at the moment in order of likelihood would be Benteke, Weimann and Guzan. The rest haven't really covered themselves in any glory during the season, and I can't see them getting many better offers than staying with us.

Lowton won't be going to Arsenal. This is classic newspaper gossip mongering. Player A scores a bit of a wonder goal one week, fans see it on MotD/tv and think it is pretty impressive, Newspaper links player to top team to sucker in gullible fans of both teams to read. Don't get me wrong Lowton is not a bad player, but he won't be on Arsenal's radar at all. The only players I am concerned about leaving at the moment in order of likelihood would be Benteke, Weimann and Guzan. The rest haven't really covered themselves in any glory during the season, and I can't see them getting many better offers than staying with us.

Think you'd be wrong there where Lowton is concerned - lot of teams have notice him before the goal.

Everyone moves on in the end, Baines will go to united in the summer to replace evra. I'd like lowton to stay with us as long as Baines has for the toffees.

Spoke to my Crewe supporting mate about Murphy and he'd be absolutely gutted to lose him.

Haven't seen Murphy play. Is he a midfielder and if so more creative than Westwood?

Yeah CM, but more creative and actually scores goals. More of a 'Lampard' to Westwood's 'Carrick'

The rest haven't really covered themselves in any glory during the season, and I can't see them getting many better offers than staying with us.

Depends what league we're in by the end of the season.

Spoke to my Crewe supporting mate about Murphy and he'd be absolutely gutted to lose him.

Haven't seen Murphy play. Is he a midfielder and if so more creative than Westwood?

Yeah CM, but more creative and actually scores goals. More of a 'Lampard' to Westwood's 'Carrick'

Sounds good and i look forward to seeing him in a Villa shirt next season then.

Now Lowton is good enough for Arsenal?

Just because he is young, English and has played every single game is not the same as being good enough for a top 10 team in the Premier League. He has also been a liability at times and we have let in 60 goals, take that into the mix as well. He has been decent and stable, but not at a high level. Can't talk him down after his goal last week, but he was also at fault for a goal in the same game or was it the next? If Guzan is as good as ever GK in the league, if Lowton is going to Arsenal, Weimann to Chelsea, Westwood to Liverpool, Benteke to Spurs etc etc - why are we almost last in the table? Weird since all of our players are going to play for top sides next season  B)

Lowton is no where near good enough for Arsenal. 

As great as he is at crossing, he makes defensive mistakes every game.

Delaney was the same when we first bought him, and i remember similar comments. We have to remember that he is still developing and will get better defensively. What would help, is playing in a more solid defensive unit than our current one. When he does, he wont be far off an England call ;)