Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

vlaar is injury prone. this was taken off wikipedia but you get the idea

However, on 16 September 2007, Vlaar got injured in the Eredivisie away match against Roda JC (1–3).[12] Vlaar needed a surgery on the cruciate ligament and was out for the rest of the season.[13] After the surgery, Vlaar was confronted with an additional setback, as he had a bacterial infection. Vlaar recovered from his injury at the beginning of the 2008–09 season. However, during pre-season, Vlaar got another injury at a medial collateral ligament of his knee. After being sidelined for over a year, Vlaar returned to the training field. After an innocent coming together with Kevin Hofland, Vlaar damaged his cruciate ligament again. It was the same injury he had in the previous season, causing him to miss a complete season again

Im aware of his injuries previously, he never thought he play again - however he had 3 fit seasons at Feynoord before joining us including a world cup. The only injury he has had whilst being at villa is a calf strain.

Still would like to see a nice wedge spent on another quality CB.

in line with PL's policy instead of spending huge wedge we could try and get alessio romagnoli from roma, 18 years old and a natural centre back with good touch.

probably never happen though ay :)

we still have nor filled the void left for 3 years ago when milner left. we need a quality midfield player, we all know the list of who we have tried to fill the void but its still not done.

Cheeky bid in bringing Gareth Barry back?

Westwood and Delph ect, would benefit from him. Acceptable or am i eating my own stock? :D

we still have nor filled the void left for 3 years ago when milner left. we need a quality midfield player, we all know the list of who we have tried to fill the void but its still not done.

Cheeky bid in bringing Gareth Barry back?

Westwood and Delph ect, would benefit from him. Acceptable or am i eating my own stock? :D

Phwoarr imagine him and Flamini in CDM with westwood and delph as rotation players who will learn their trade instead of being dropped in the deep end. It's nice to dream...

1 CB to partner Vlaar

1 CM to add a bit of experience

1 ST to replace Bent/ Delfouneso

This is what I would like us to bring in. Any more is a bonus, in my eyes.

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to go for the Zog, not for a decent price anyway.  We'll just have to hope that he keeps putting in a shift every now and then like he has since January.  Getting rid of Ireland is much more important.  Other than that I think the likes of Hutton, Dunne, Given and co will be gone and the wages will be back to something near sanity.  If Benteke goes for big money then it would be worth keeping Bent if you can buy some players who will give him lots of service, but I think too much has happened between him and Lambert. 

I'd like us to keep signing similar players to those we have under Lambert.  Players whose value doesn't depreciate the moment they put on a Villa shirt, players who care and want to be Premier League players.  I don't care where they come from, lower leagues, Europe, other PL teams, and I probably won't have heard of any of them but that doesn't bother me.  I think we might get something exciting to watch next season.

Defence and midfield need improving and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see KEA shipped out along with those already stated.

It's also coming to the time when a decision will have to be made on Fonz if we are in the Premiership next season.

unless we can replace with better, zoggy is worth keeping

I don't think Charlie boy fits in with our managers vision of a young hungry squad and any offer of around 3.5m will probably be enough to see him go.

I think a big reason for keeping Nzogbia could be to keep Benteke happy. Zog and Chris are good mates off the field apparently and they are both probably helping Sylla settle in. Lambert will want to keep the team spirit as high as possible. Maybe keeping Nzogbia can benefit AVFC in other ways than on the pitch. If holding onto Nzogbia means keeping Benteke happy then i'm all for it. Though most of this post is pure speculation other than Zog and Benteke being mates.

What about Zog? Stay or Go?

I think he has been a lot better recently and adding some value to the team I'd keep him.

Outs for me would be

Makoun (already gone great news)

Ireland

Dunne

Delfouneso

Bent

Bannan

Albrighton

Hutton

Given

Petrov (retired)

Dawkins (loan end)

Holman

Seems a lot there but not many of them have troubled the team sheet or MOTM awards,  Bannan excluded obviously key player!

Should bring in what? £20M ,  £22M ? plus wages

Give that to Lambert,  plus anther 8 or 10 to make it 30M  and see him invest that.

We'd need a new central defender,  new wide midfielder ,  new central midfielder and new striker.  He can get them four for 30M I'd say.

Everyone is very optimistic about Ireland leaving. Don't see it, not with the wages he's on. The best we can hope for is a loan where we pay 50%.

We could cancel his contract.

Short term could rove exspensive, but long term?

Long term it'd cost us the exact same as keeping him at the club, as he'd be entitled to every penny of his contract. Unless he agreed to take a reduced rate of course, but why would he?

The only other option is to let him go on a free.

The trouble is, if he decides he can't get a better contract elsewere he won't agree to leave on a free.

I am hoping he will decide he still wants to have a future playing football so will agree to a move to a new club and a pay cut but who knows what the guy is thinking.

The rough valuations I was using were

Makoun (already gone great news) £2M I believe is the figure we have agreed

Ireland - 4M

Dunne -0

Delfouneso - 2M

Bent - 9M

Bannan - 2m

Albrighton - 2m

Hutton - 0

Given- 0

Petrov (retired)

Dawkins (loan end)

Holman - 2M

I think it might be worth keeping Holman, purely based on the fact that he isn't on high wages and he can play in multiple positions. A handy squad player.

Based on his recent comments  doesn't seem he would stay around to be a squad filler.So think there is a chance he will go.

The rough valuations I was using were

Makoun (already gone great news) £2M I believe is the figure we have agreed

Ireland - 4M

Dunne -0

Delfouneso - 2M

Bent - 9M

Bannan - 2m

Albrighton - 2m

Hutton - 0

Given- 0

Petrov (retired)

Dawkins (loan end)

Holman - 2M

I see it being more like this:

Makoun 1.5M (I haven't heard anything of the agreed deal)

Ireland - 3M

Dunne -0

Delfouneso - 1.5M

Bent - 7M

Bannan - 2M

Albrighton - 1.5M

Hutton - 1M

Given- 0

Petrov (retired)

Dawkins (loan end)

Holman - 2M

= £19.5M

All guesses though!

I would be astonished if we got £4m for Ireland.

Bearing in mind his wages which any new club will have to pay a large chunk of I dont see us getting anything.

And that's even if we can find a club willing to take such a risk on a player for that kind of money. QPR are going down you know

wasnt holman a free? plus the fact hes on low wages would make sense to keep him as a rotation player, hes not actually that bad, always puts the work rate in and can play most positions

whats going out is certainly just as important as whats coming in, but i dont think we will get much for our deadwood...

Given - free due to age

Dunne - contract expiry

Hutton - £1m

Makoun - whatever is agreed

Bannan - £2m maybe

Ireland - £2m cut price to shift, this more than likely will happen on transfer deadline night

Petrov - retiring

Delfouneso - £1m

Bent - £8m

thats only around £16m, not alot to play with, although i personally would also like to throw in delph for the exit door for around £2m and keep bent