Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I can't say I'd be excited about a loan deal for Milner. Why would we want to do him a favour while at the same time stopping players we actually own getting time on the pitch.

I'd be disappointed with that.

Now a proper deal for Milner would send me over the **** moon.

• Like 2

holtby was back playing last night, Sigurdsson, £8m please Paul

There isn't anywhere near that amount of money available! ......unfortunately!

I'm pretty disappointed in that to be honest. We've barely spent anything. 

And TV money has shot up.

Yeah quite right. The wage bill still can't be out of line with our turnover surely since the TV money has gone up? 

It's worrying that we seem to have such little money to spend. I know spending more money on players doesn't neccesarily mean they are better player. But by general rule they are. We could do with another £7-10m Benteke type signing. 

According to Daily Mail, Ba's move to us is dependant on Mangala moving to Man City or Chelsea.  If he doesnt move then Ba will come to either us or Sunderland.

cant be only person confused thinking why we would want Demba Ba

Taking players on loan does not help our long term development, unless its to cover for injuries in key positions, ie a keeper. We have been bitten a couple of times on these loan deals, Walker being an example of the best we have had and that leaves a sour taste in my mouth, hes done so well after we allowed spurs to use us as a way to get him vital experience without any errors costing them. Jena's being the worst example of a loan deal gone bad.

It would help us more if we loan our fringe players out to let get them experience.

Walker was exactly what we needed at that time and helped keep us up. Not sure why that's a sour taste..

I think we will get someone in to give us something more in the final third.  Whether that is a winger, forward player or an AM I dont know.  Its pretty obvious we are working on at least one more player coming in.

Yeah quite right. The wage bill still can't be out of line with our turnover surely since the TV money has gone up? 

It's worrying that we seem to have such little money to spend. I know spending more money on players doesn't neccesarily mean they are better player. But by general rule they are. We could do with another £7-10m Benteke type signing.

You'd have thought the increase would help ease the issue.

Had anyone else said this I'd take it with a pinch of salt, but Hairy Hands....

tumblr_m4quwkYADy1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Give your usually reliable insight, HH, I feel rather deflated by that information.

Edited by AValon

HH - do you agree with the comments of Howard Hodgson (told by PF) and Mysterman that it is a player who will make an immediate first team impact.

Completely agree that this can be done without spending big money but it does call for some serious scouting brilliance again.

Mind boggles as I'm sure it will be a new name to all of us.

• Like 1

Why on earth not? Where's the new TV money? We've been prudent so far this window as it is, and we know that Lambert adds value to the club with almost all of his transfer deals. You would think if he'd identified the right man the board would trust him; unlike other managers, he's proved himself.

Not saying that we'd get Sigurdsson though. For a start he'd cost more than £8m and his wages would be out of line with what we are putting players on at the moment. I'm fine with that, but we should be able to sign SOMEONE. 

• Like 1

Why on earth not? Where's the new TV money? We've been prudent so far this window as it is, and we know that Lambert adds value to the club with almost all of his transfer deals. You would think if he'd identified the right man the board would trust him; unlike other managers, he's proved himself.

Not saying that we'd get Sigurdsson though. For a start he'd cost more than £8m and his wages would be out of line with what we are putting players on at the moment. I'm fine with that, but we should be able to sign SOMEONE. 

I echo these thoughts.