Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

With the excellent Benteke news, would people still say pursue his replacement? I think we should, add more competition and not be over reliant on Benteke should he get injured or suspended or leaves next season.

Obviously I think it depends on sales first.

An addition of another striker, an am and maybe a dm, would turn a good summer into a fantastic summer

I actually think Helenius was the insurance policy if we lost Benteke. I think PL is finished with signing any more strikers. 

• Like 1

Is Helenius not really Bent's replacement?  Either way, I can't see us signing another striker now.  We typically only play one out-and-out striker and have Benteke, Helenius, Gabby, Weimann, Bowery and (currently) Delfouneso who can play there.  If Gabby or Andi is pushed into that position, we have options to replace them out wide, too.

with this great news, do we actually now need any more players? maybe a back-up centre back/right back? i dont think we need a centre attacking mid, maybe give all the kids a chance, gardner, carruthers, bacuna and grealish, but then we also have nzogbia still

With the excellent Benteke news, would people still say pursue his replacement? I think we should, add more competition and not be over reliant on Benteke should he get injured or suspended or leaves next season.

Obviously I think it depends on sales first.

An addition of another striker, an am and maybe a dm, would turn a good summer into a fantastic summer

I actually think Helenius was the insurance policy if we lost Benteke. I think PL is finished with signing any more strikers. 

Helenius was told he would play off Benteke. He wasn't a replacement. 

with this great news, do we actually now need any more players? maybe a back-up centre back/right back? i dont think we need a centre attacking mid, maybe give all the kids a chance, gardner, carruthers, bacuna and grealish, but then we also have nzogbia still

Think we could do with a right back and an attacking midfielder still. Maybe Bacuna will do the job well but between him, Sylla, Westwood and Delph I think we still need a real potent attacking threat that can surge through the middle. N'Zogbia would've been great but unfortunately I just don't think he can do the job well enough.

As for a right back, being as Lambert took Herd with him to Germany I think we may well see him as the back-up for Lowton.

• Like 1

It's great to be back in this thread permanently :D

Noticed while doing my fantasy team today the size of the squad:

Guzan, Given

Lowton, Clark, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Stephens, Luna, Okore, Hutton.

Westwood, N'Zogbia, Bannan, El Ahmadi, Delph, Ireland, Herd, Sylla, Albrighton, Gardner, Tonev, Bacuna

Benteke, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Bent, Bowery, Delfouneso, Helenius

Could do with a trimming, also they have Holman in there?!

I'd cut 2 from the defence (Hutton, Stephens)

4 from the midfield (CNZ, Bannan, KEA (maybe) and Ireland

2 from the strikers (Bent and Fonz) 

If we cut those defenders I expect another RB

If we cut those midfielders I expect an AM (kiyo pls) and a DM

If we cut those strikers I expect 1 more striker or winger. 

And who needs Kiyotake while you have a real goal scoring AM walking around in Japan Yoichiro Kakitani (the Japanese Neymar?)

Yoichiro Kakitani Youtube

When we were rumoured to be in for Kiyotake, I had a quick look on a couple of Nuremberg forums to check what their thoughts were, and through the magic of Google translate, I was able to gather that they believed Kakitani would be their direct replacement should Kiyotake leave. 

Kakitani currently also plays for Cerezo Osaka - the team that both Kiyotake and Kagawa formerly played for.

• Like 1

Tonev Albrighton Wiemann Charles and Gabby will be rotated. Benteke and Helenius will be rotated (or more subbed in for Tekkers)

With Charles already gone for a while.. if Toen and Albrighton get injured a well..  we bring in one of the kids to the bench. If Tekkers or Helenius get injured Bowery gets on the bench.

What we really lack is good depth in midfield. Sylla Delph and Westwood are great together but all lack that killer pass or creativity. Kiyotake would be absolutely brilliant. I hope we sign someone like him.

-----------------Guzan-----------------

-------------------------------------------

Lowton----Okore-----Vlaar----Luna

------------------Sylla-------------------

------Westwood-------Kiyotake------

Wiemann-----------------Agbonalhor

-----------------Benteke----------------

Bench: Steer Helenius Tonev Baker Delph etc.

Bang! Bring on the season

• Like 1

Stevens, his name is Enda Stevens, not Stephens

i hope the squad looks something like this this season, with the emergence of more youth and the deadwood out

Guzan, Siegrist, Steer

Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Luna, Donacien, Okore, Clark, Bennett, Stevens

Sylla, Westwood, Bacuna, Herd, El Ahmadi, Delph, Stieber, Gardner, Grealish, Albrighton, Tonev

Benteke, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Helenius, Bowery, Drennan

Out

Given

Hutton

NZogbia

Bannan

Ireland

Bent

Delfouneso