Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

When Bent goes I can see us going for an AM. 

i'm struggling to see why we need to wait to be honest

£65K a week says we shoukd shift first, Newcastle are playing  with us we wanted £8M and then it dropped to £6M: Bent is worth that all day long and i dont rate him, we paid over the top for him and now we have to deal with it. I would let him go for £6 just so that we had peace off mind that aplayer on £65K a week was sat on a bench.

Alienating those players and not being able to move them before the deadline what happens if we get a spate of injuries and need them to play?

Not going to be exactly motivated are they?

Alienating those players and not being able to move them before the deadline what happens if we get a spate of injuries and need them to play?

We won't be asking them to play, hence why they're training away from the first team. They won't be named in the 25.

We won't be asking them to play, hence why they're training away from the first team. They won't be named in the 25.

Bent aside, I'm not convinced they've ever been that motivated playing for us anyway.

Do you know when this season's squad will be announced?

Think it's announced preliminary just before the start of the season but changes are allowed till day after transfer window, not 100% though. 

Squad at the minute:

Guzan

Lowton

Luna

Bennett

Herd

Stevens

Vlaar

Baker

Clark

Delph

Sylla

El Ahmadi

Westwood

Bacuna

NZogbia

Albrighton

Tonev

Bowery

Agbonlahor

Weimann

Helenius

Benteke

Steer, Siegrist, Okore, Gardner, Carruthers etc all under 21 as of Jan 1st 2013 so dont need to be named in the 25.

22 players to name in the 25. So 3 gaps, assuming we bring in an AM, 2 gaps. Then assuming nobody else comes in, If we then managed to not move on one or two of the 'Bomb Squad' I think it would be silly to not name them in the 25 man squad, if we had an injury crisis we may need to play them.

• Like 1

Squad at the minute:

Guzan

Lowton

Luna

Bennett

Herd

Stevens

Vlaar

Baker

Clark

Delph

Sylla

El Ahmadi

Westwood

Bacuna

NZogbia

Albrighton

Tonev

Bowery

Agbonlahor

Weimann

Helenius

Benteke

Steer, Siegrist, Okore, Gardner, Carruthers etc all under 21 as of Jan 1st 2013 so dont need to be named in the 25.

22 players to name in the 25. So 3 gaps, assuming we bring in an AM, 2 gaps. Then assuming nobody else comes in, If we then managed to not move on one or two of the 'Bomb Squad' I think it would be silly to not name them in the 25 man squad, if we had an injury crisis we may need to play them.

I'm not sure Stevens is in Lambert's plans. He didn't go in Germany - and Webb was called out as defensive cover ahead of him...

You missed Okore!

He didn't. Okore is under the age limit necessary to be registered in the squad. 

Didn't realise Stevens hadn't gone to Germany, mind you with Bennett and Luna we dont really need a 3rd Left back. If we sell him though I think we should get a proper backup Right Back in, if Lowton got injured it would be awful having Herd as his backup.