Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

What is an ITK?  :D

I think I once read "in the knowledge"...

Does that mean someone who has personal connections to the club? (eg. a friend who works at the ground)

Sry....Swiss  :blush:

Close..."In the know"

With "know" being short for "knowledge"

Boom!

Wolves could be signing the next David Platt

Wolves were today told target Luke Murphy can exceed expectations just like famous Crewe graduate David Platt after having a bid of around £1million accepted.

Soccer - npower Football League One - Crewe Alexandra v Coventry City - Gresty Road

Molineux officials have held talks with the player after being given permission to speak with the 23-year-old.

But it's understood the player’s agent is still keen to see what other interest there is with Swansea, Blackburn and Middlesbrough all keen on landing the 6ft 2in playmaker.

Wolves remain the leading contender for his signature, but there is still some work to go to convince the player to remain in League One.

But, as they hope to complete the deal, Crewe legend Dario Gradi declared the Alsager-born schemer can emulate former England captain Platt.

Former Alex boss Gradi said: “Luke was one I always thought would play, but not necessarily be a high-flyer.

“In fact, Steve Holland (current Chelsea assistant boss) had great expectations for him, but I gave him his debut (in December 2008). He’s really shot on from then.

“When David Platt left for Villa, who were then playing in what is now the Championship, if you’d told me he was going to captain England I’d have told you not to be silly.

“There are a few who have gone on to be really good players who weren’t necessarily always marked down as superstars in the making.”

Last season, Murphy became the first midfielder to finish in the bottom half of the third tier yet be selected in the PFA divisional representative side since future Wolves winger Matt Jarvis with Gillingham in 2007.

Danny Shelley, who played with Murphy from Crewe’s academy to the first team, believes he is better suited to the Premier League than Ashley Westwood, who moved from Crewe to Villa for £1.5million last summer.

Shelley said: “I’d probably say ‘Murph’ as an overall player – on technical ability and physical strength – would be more suited to the Premier League than ‘Westy'."

article

I thought we were supposed to be in for him?

Wolves could be signing the next David Platt

Wolves were today told target Luke Murphy can exceed expectations just like famous Crewe graduate David Platt after having a bid of around £1million accepted.

Soccer - npower Football League One - Crewe Alexandra v Coventry City - Gresty Road

Molineux officials have held talks with the player after being given permission to speak with the 23-year-old.

But it's understood the player’s agent is still keen to see what other interest there is with Swansea, Blackburn and Middlesbrough all keen on landing the 6ft 2in playmaker.

Wolves remain the leading contender for his signature, but there is still some work to go to convince the player to remain in League One.

But, as they hope to complete the deal, Crewe legend Dario Gradi declared the Alsager-born schemer can emulate former England captain Platt.

Former Alex boss Gradi said: “Luke was one I always thought would play, but not necessarily be a high-flyer.

“In fact, Steve Holland (current Chelsea assistant boss) had great expectations for him, but I gave him his debut (in December 2008). He’s really shot on from then.

“When David Platt left for Villa, who were then playing in what is now the Championship, if you’d told me he was going to captain England I’d have told you not to be silly.

“There are a few who have gone on to be really good players who weren’t necessarily always marked down as superstars in the making.”

Last season, Murphy became the first midfielder to finish in the bottom half of the third tier yet be selected in the PFA divisional representative side since future Wolves winger Matt Jarvis with Gillingham in 2007.

Danny Shelley, who played with Murphy from Crewe’s academy to the first team, believes he is better suited to the Premier League than Ashley Westwood, who moved from Crewe to Villa for £1.5million last summer.

Shelley said: “I’d probably say ‘Murph’ as an overall player – on technical ability and physical strength – would be more suited to the Premier League than ‘Westy'."

article

I thought we were supposed to be in for him?

There might be a lesson here. Not much of this transfer rumor bullshit is true! I expect we were looking at him along with about a 100 other players. 

Looking at the way this is panning out we are exercising yet another sell to buy policy which confirms to me that Lerner is not going to invest what is needed to get us where we need to be anytime soon.

because we havent signed anybody in over a week :D

BigRon87 is available for us, young, fit, bends it like be Beckham and I'd only require 10,000 a week with a signing on fee of 22,750

Sorry BigRon87, we already have Big Barry Bannan for that role

• Like 1

The players that have left didn't really offer us much in playing time if we look at the likes of Dunne, Marshall, Dawkins. Only Holman and Lichaj were part of first team set up last season. If Ireland leaves, he didn't even feature in the latter part, Hutton leaves same, Bent leaves his replacement is Helenius. If you think Given, Ireland, Bent and Hutton probably command around 200k, now I'm not brilliant at Maths, but between them they played how many games, I'd say 20 max including cup games.

Too true, it's called Math

Sorry

I thought it was Math if you're American and Maths if you're British/Colonial?? (Being short for Mathematics an' all). Or am I missing some other point?

Yeah, it is maths. Banned from H&V has been whacked over the head with a baseball bat. 

Also, there is no need for the capitalisation.  ;)

No, it's Math - always has been and always will be.

It's either Math or Mathematics, Maths is just a bastardised version of the two

Edited by bannedfromHandV

He can't be that good. If Utd spent a fortune on Nick Powell who's a few years younger and aren't taking a punt on this guy for a fraction of the price there's probably good reason. If his best option is Wolves in L1 - he can't be all that.

Chesire Today linking us with Downing. Laughable link to say the least. His wages are way to high, he might be experienced but he's turned absolutely shit since leaving us.

They finish the article with stating that his high wages (70K per week) could be mitigated with a low transfer fee. Yes, I bet the players would be happy with someone like Downing on 70K (not that Lambert would pay that) when our next player is much better and is on maybe 50K.

Agreed John and although i've never seen Murphy play by all reports he is potentially better than Westwood. Maybe we're having to wait on shifting another out before bringing someone else in?

The Stewart Downing link has now convinced me that we are the only club at the moment where the national and local press really don't have a fecking clue what's happening here, nor care.

You're right. In the main it's it's just sh!t, lazy journalism, like the Benteke Defoe or Adabayore swap with cash rumours. Utter bollocks.