Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Sky Sports understands that Wolves have had an offer accepted for highly-rated Crewe midfielder Luke Murphy.

The 23-year-old is the latest product of Crewe's famed academy system to draw attention from afar.

Murphy has spent his entire career to date with the Alex, making close to 200 appearances since making his senior bow in 2008.

Wolves believe he would be a useful addition to their ranks as they prepare for life in League One.

They could, however, face competition for his signature from higher up the Football League.

The likes of Swansea, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Blackburn are all believed to have cast admiring glances in Murphy's direction.

Crewe have resigned themselves to the fact that Murphy will be on his way out of the club this summer, and are looking to get the best possible deal.

The terms tabled by Wolves are considered to be acceptable and it now remains to be seen whether a transfer scramble will be sparked.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8790570/Transfer-news-Wolves-have-offer-accepted-for-Luke-Murphy-Sky-Sports-understands

I'd say that we're not targeting Murphy because we have bigger fish to fry

#zoomzoom

:detect:

Perhaps, if he's available for 1 or 2mil might be worth a go though.

I think that extra 1 or 2mil might be going towards someone who believes their club can't agree a fee for him

• Like 1

#zoomzoom

Perhaps, if he's available for 1 or 2mil might be worth a go though.

I think that extra 1 or 2mil might be going towards someone who believes their club can't agree a fee for him

And there I was hoping the days of haggling over a few million were gone :(

I mentioned it last week as well, he'd be a cracking signing but probably not even on the radar. He's only finishing his first year in Germany.

Not even on the radar?! Long gone are the days when MON would only sign players he could see from his house. Lambert probably knows what this lad's first pet was called.

As this is the speculation thread I'm going to go ahead and guess "Fluffy".

• Like 1

#zoomzoom

Isn't "Zoom Zoom" a Mazda thing, not Honda?
Blast! And I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
  • Like 1

Must want silly money.

Transfer news: Celtic's Victor Wanyama rejects Southampton offer

Last Updated: June 24, 2013 3:27pm

Victor_2920684.jpg?20130326115831

Victor Wanyama: Celtic midfielder prepared to listen to other offers

Sky Sports understands Celtic have accepted a bid from Southampton for Victor Wanyama, but personal terms have not been agreed.

The Saints are hoping to pip a number of their Premier League rivals to the 21-year-old's signature, with interest in his services having mounted steadily.

They have, however, seen the highly-rated midfielder snub their first contract proposal.

Wanyama has admitted that he turned down the initial proposal from St Mary's and revealed that he is prepared to listen to offers from other sides now that Celtic have opened the exit door.

"While the bid was okay for Celtic, the terms were not right for myself and my agent," he said in the Southern Daily Echo.

"I am open to what offers are made, but I am relaxed and it's important that Celtic are happy too."

Cardiff City are reportedly ready to jump to the front of the transfer queue as they step up their search for new recruits, while Stoke City and Liverpool continue to watch events unfold.

Edited by Folski

I thought Wanyama turned us down for Celtic, mainly due to the lure of the Champion's League? He comes across as a bit of an idiot, play in a shit league just so you can play a few games in the Champion's League each year but never get close to winning it (yes I know they beat Barca but it was a fluke, they're never getting anywhere near it), or play in the Premier League against top opposition and in the most watched league in the world.

Now he just sounds greedy, screw him. He turned us down once, let him go somewhere else.

I said it about a week ago.

Hiroshi Kiyotake.

If we were in for a Japanese midfielder it's probably this guy.

23 years old, good at going forward, plays in the Bundesliga, has a decent assist/goal per game ratio and could be picked up for a few million.

Always wanted a technical Japanese midfielder at Villa. They're free kick wizards usually.

Think you will find I brought his name up. :)

Sorry I must have missed it, large thread ;)

I mentioned it last week as well, he'd be a cracking signing but probably not even on the radar. He's only finishing his first year in Germany.

I was informed over 10 days ago by someone I have known connected to Villa for over 25 years that we had made firm enquiries on Kiyotake and an offer has been made. But we will have to wait and see how this develops. Not claiming to be any sort of ITK. Just passing on some info that I was told over 10 days ago. Been on our radar a while apparently.

• Like 1

Small heath have accepted bids of £1.25million rising to £3million with add ons from two prem clubs said to be everton & swansea. Dont care if he is a nose, he has buckets of potential and we should have a look too. That sort of cash is small change