Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Can we not spread the signings out a bit? This is too much to handle. :D

Maybe said in jest but may have a hint of sense to it.  I do think we need to slow down a bit,  there is an argument which says you can have too many new players but given he is aiming for at least 6 (and closer to 10 i would not be surprised given the amount to leave) I guess you have to get a move on

It also gives them time to settle in and allows them all to have a full pre season.

Yeah, the quicker the better. Sir Alex used to like getting players in early. Last season we bought a lot late on and they didnt really bed in from the off. I say get all 6 in by the beginning of July then spend the rest of the window getting shot of all the crap!

Can we not spread the signings out a bit? This is too much to handle. :D

Maybe said in jest but may have a hint of sense to it.  I do think we need to slow down a bit,  there is an argument which says you can have too many new players but given he is aiming for at least 6 (and closer to 10 i would not be surprised given the amount to leave) I guess you have to get a move on

I'm not sure I agree with this

It also gives them time to settle in and allows them all to have a full pre season.

Yeah, the quicker the better. Sir Alex used to like getting players in early. Last season we bought a lot late on and they didnt really bed in from the off. I say get all 6 in by the beginning of July then spend the rest of the window getting shot of all the crap!

Because of this. If our players had settled earlier and played from the start like they did at the end of the season, we'd have been laughing.

The sooner the better I reckon

For the first time since Lerner came in, you feel that we'll have the squad ready for the start of the season. 

I also think that the "This is real life, not football manager" thing will need to be put aside for a while - buying loads of random youngsters you've never heard of in a short space of time? That so is Football Manager.

Exciting though. 

• Like 1

So with our potential signings so far :

Tonev

Okore

Bacuna

Helenius

What are we talking about fee wise in total for that lot? It's well known the British press tend to exaggerate fees but going from what they said £4m for Okore not sure on the rest.

I think Lambert will have a big budget (he had like £20m didn't he last summer) so still some money left..

So with our potential signings so far :

Tonev

Okore

Bacuna

Helenius

What are we talking about fee wise in total for that lot? It's well known the British press tend to exaggerate fees but going from what they said £4m for Okore not sure on the rest.

I think Lambert will have a big budget (he had like £20m didn't he last summer) so still some money left..

I've read 3,5 million euros for Tonev, Helenius for 1-1,5 million pounds, no idea about Bacuna and 4 million has been spouted around with Okore.

I reckon about £10m for those four so far. £4m for Okore, £2.5m for Tonev, £1.5m for Helenius and no more than £3m for Bacuna. Good business. Just need a left back, back up goalkeeper and a creative midfielder and we'll be there I reckon! 

Edited by Milfner

That additional keeper will be Jed Steer from Norwich should the twitter ramblings be believed.

I agree though, there'll be a left back brought in to provide competition and, depending upon outgoings, a forward thinking central midfielder.

2.5m Tonev, 3.5m Okore, 1.5m Helenius, unsure of Bacuna.

All players were on less than 5k a week at there clubs so will have been offered around 10-15k a week, no more than that.

So amazing business from Lambert.

If he can trim £15m off the yearly wage bill and get £6m for Bent then he will have some money to spend.

So except Belhanda and maybe Popov all the other links in foreign media seem to have come through. maybe Belhanda isnt a dead one yet.

Maybe all UK media are banned sources :P