Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

The squad so far, positions are guessed best fits into a 4-3-3, ages are guessed, but the gist is, it's very young!!

Have I missed anyone? Ps I've cheekily put Helenius in there and only listed the almost certs to leave.

Forwards/Attacking Midfield

LF/ST Gabby 26

LF/RF/AM Tonev 23

RF/ST Weimann 21

RF Albrighton 23

RF/AM Bacuna 23

ST Benteke 22

ST/RF Bowery 21

ST/RF/AM Helenius 23

AM/RF Holman 29

AM/LF N'Zogbia 26

AM Gardner 21

AM Carruthers 19

Midfield

CM Westwood 23

CM Delph 22

CM Sylla 22

CM El Ahmadi 27

CM Johnson 19

CM/CB/RB Herd 21

CM Bannan 23

Defenders

CB Vlaar 27

CB/LB Baker 22

CB/RB Okore 20

CB/CM Clark 23

RB Lowton 23

LB Bennett 23

LB Stevens 23

Goalkeepers

Gk Guzan 28

Gk Siegrist 20

Out

Ireland

Hutton

Bent

Given

Edited by Kingfisher

I'm really pleased with the Okore signing, mind. Think he will be a good addition to our defense. 

I believe Tonev, Helenius and Bacuna will all be squad players to begin with. Not the end of the world really.

Many of us thought Benteke and Westwood were cover signings last year...just saying.

I don't think so. When we spent 7m on a striker, I think most people fully expected him to go straight into our team in some capacity. I was also confident Westwood would do ok based on the reports I'd read from Crewe fans.

All Im saying is that Apart from Okore, I don't think we've signed a first team player yet. And thats not a bad thing, because Lambert is a great manager and I fully expect him to add 2/3 more quality additions. Namely a LB and a ACM.

• Like 1

I love how positive we all are!!!

McLeish leaving is the best thing that's happened to us in ages ;) In Lambert we trust!!!!!

Ps. Okore & Vlaar as first choice CBs will be quality!

• Like 1

I suppose my one concern about all this is that, whilst we seen to have all but signed 4 players, none of them are necessarily going to improve the first XI. Obviously it's only the middle of June, but we need one or two to come straight in and make a difference - especially in defence.

Hopefully one or two can do a Westwood or Benteke but I do agree.

Or a Lowton, or a Sylla!

Now we need a CB and a DMF, that's not being too greedy, is it?

Don't need another CB, we've now got Vlaar, Okore, Baker, Clark (and could use Herd if we had injury crisis). Another one would probably mean Baker getting hardly any gametime when he showed good progress toward the end of last season.

edit - just saw your 2nd post. I was a minute too slow!

Edited by switters

If we went out and signed Murphy, Popov and Cresswell next week, I'd be chuffed.

Popov is not needed, believe me, as man from Russia )))

My version: Cresswell and Dries Mertens from PSV. And the team is ready for the season.

Edited by CryptoN