Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I do kinda get why Ellis didn't put out the money when you watch what happened to the teams who bought expensive players, like Leeds. Would be interesting to know the finances of Villa at that time and how much money Ellis took from the club as salary, bonuses etc.

My major issue with Ellis was never financial, it was the lies. I'll never forget those **** lists.

Any worse than how the general was used on fan forums?

• Like 1

I do kinda get why Ellis didn't put out the money when you watch what happened to the teams who bought expensive players, like Leeds. Would be interesting to know the finances of Villa at that time and how much money Ellis took from the club as salary, bonuses etc.

My major issue with Ellis was never financial, it was the lies. I'll never forget those **** lists.
Any worse than how the general was used on fan forums?

Wrong thread.

• Like 1

- - - - - - - - - - Guzan - - - - - - - - - - -

Lowton - - Vlaar - - Okore - - New LB

- - - - Westwood - - Sylla/ Delph - - - -

Wiemann - - Belhanda - - - Gabby - -

- - - - - - - - - Benteke - - - - - - - - - - -

This is what I would like to see at the start of next season!

IN:

Okore £3.5m

Belhanda £12.5m

New LB £3m (Cresswell?)

A few cheap backups - Tonev etc etc

OUT:

Bannan to Swansea £1m

Hutton to anyone £500k

Ireland to Stoke £2m

Bent to Fulham £4m

• Like 1

still think we need another DM. I don't like Sylla Westwood Delph being first choices. Good back up options but would like to see better DM come in.

still think we need another DM. I don't like Sylla Westwood Delph being first choices. Good back up options but would like to see better DM come in.

Hmmm I'm not too sure with the style we started to play that a pure CDM would fit into our tactics. I think the closest we will get is more of a box to box guy who likes to tackle, like Sylla.

You don't like all 3 of our first choice CM's being first choice? Not asking for a lot are you? :D

You don't like all 3 of our first choice CM's being first choice? Not asking for a lot are you? :D

haha. I rate them but I would like a new DM to partner Westwood with Sylla and Delphi, Gardner as back up

Edited by KSV

Gardner should be loaned out imo, and I think he probably will be, at least for part of the season.

Agreed. To catch up he needs lots of playing time against quality opposition, more than he will (should) get at Villa.

if those rumours that currently appear to have legs, mostly turn out to be true, and i admit that's a massive if, just think what our squad would look like:

we could start the season with benteke up front supported by two of gabby, andi, zoggy and tonev and squad support in the form of bowery, holman, carruthers, grealish

we could have a midfielders comprising three of belhanda, popov, delph, westwood, sylla, KEA, with squad support of bannan, gardner

centre backs comprising two of vlaar, baker, okore, clark, with squad support coming from the academy kids coming through

fullbacks of lowton, bennett, stevens and others still to come, perhaps cresswell

brad in goal, supported by siegrist and perhaps one still to come....

compared to our squad of say 18 months ago, what a transformation....

i hope that the fans will get behind PL and RL, and give them the kudos that they deserve for actually coming up with a plan and executing it over time...

to identify and build a squad like that and to do so in a financially prudent way, and to have the balls to stick to it through all the hard times that came with it, to me, shows ambition and a huge set of nuggets....

i'm not intending to jump the gun here, but to me, it looks like a plan, and one that if it succeeds (and again, its a big if), would certainly make me proud to be a villa fan...