Dunne - free

In

Okore - £3m

In

Cresswell - £3m

In

Tonev - £2m

Net Spend - £20m with wages no doubt reduced overall

I want Cornelius snapped up pronto.  I know sweet FA about him, but the opportunity to have a team line-up consisting of the likes of 'Carruthers' and 'Cornelius' is one that should not be missed. 

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

I want Cornelius snapped up pronto.  I know sweet FA all about him, but the opportunity to have a team line-up consisting of the likes of 'Carruthers' and 'Cornelius' is one that should not be missed.

There's a detective show in there somewhere!

Well, as its silly season and our club is being linked with all kinds of player including some fanciful names I'll throw another big name into the hat. Son Heung-Min. I can dream.

Edited by Kingfisher

Nah Delfouneso has had more than enough chnaces, he just isn't good enough. We should try and get anything we can for him before he leaves for nothing.

I'd keep him, personally.

He's got ability, it's just his application. I've seen most of his appearances for Villa, and he never seems to put in 100%, let alone 110% like Wiemann!

I'd keep him, and see if Lambert can convince him to bust a nut to get a new contract. If not, he can look forward to a nice long career in the lower leagues.

You shouldn't need to convince anyone to 'bust a nut' for the shirt.

If he has been poor due to a lack of effort then he can free roll a club somewhere else.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

Well, as its silly season and our club is being linked with all kinds of player including some fanciful names I'll throw another big name into the hat. Son Heung-Min. I can dream.

Yeah that kid looks really promising, but I reckon he is gonna stay at hamburg next season

Anyone remember when we had Big Eck and we were linked to the likes of Karl Henry? Jeezum Crowe those were dark days.

Edited by Ginko

Anyone remember when we had Big Eck and we were linked to the likes of Karl Henry? Jeezum Crowe those were dark days.

Yeah, i still saw some muppets trying to link us to Karl Henry through the season on here as well.

Don't know where else to put this thought, but I watched a lot of Brighton games this season and can't tell you how solid and impressive Matthew Upson has been.  He's available on a free and IMO would be perfect cover for us, bringing loads of experience and he's got a good few years left in him.

Don't know where else to put this thought, but I watched a lot of Brighton games this season and can't tell you how solid and impressive Matthew Upson has been. He's available on a free and IMO would be perfect cover for us, bringing loads of experience and he's got a good few years left in him.

:/ Can't tell if serious.

Don't know where else to put this thought, but I watched a lot of Brighton games this season and can't tell you how solid and impressive Matthew Upson has been. He's available on a free and IMO would be perfect cover for us, bringing loads of experience and he's got a good few years left in him.

:/ Can't tell if serious.

Ha, no I'm being serious!  He's on a free and I think we lacked leadership at the back for most of the season, Upson is a very good orgainser and an excellent professional.  It bothers me that we've got guys like Clark and Baker, and Vlaar for that matter, who are gifted but can be very naive, Dunne was by all accounts a divisive individual who didn't fit the PL mould, I think Upson could play that role.  

think we should be aiming higher than a brighton reject if we want to get up higher. No offence, he might be good but usually there is a reason why he left on a free if he got plenty of years left.