Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Looks like we've taken another youngster on. Kodi Lyons-Foster

Ex-Arsenal and Spurs schoolboy.

its good that were signing more youngsters, anyone know anything more about him? position? fee ?

While this is true, is it not time we start to bring in some youth Some of our u19s must start to get game time this season.

Has Lambert said anything about Tonev yet? He would have to be pretty busy not to.

Pretty sure he said he wouldn't be going on holiday/would be cracking on with preparing for next season. Can't remember where/when but it wasn't long ago.

Hmmm.

Did he really say that ??

Seems like we have a very hungry manager.

Most of you on here wanted him out at Christmas.

Has Lambert said anything about Tonev yet? He would have to be pretty busy not to.

Pretty sure he said he wouldn't be going on holiday/would be cracking on with preparing for next season. Can't remember where/when but it wasn't long ago.

Hmmm.

Did he really say that ??

Seems like we have a very hungry manager.

Most of you on here wanted him out at Christmas.

I didn't and was happy to keep him if we went down. I think what he said was that he'd be going away but that there would never be a situation where his phone will stop ringing so he might go away but I'd say he's not exactly "off".

So for the relatively uneducated, are Tonev, Belhanda and Popov quite similar players position-wise, i.e. Versatile attacking midfielders? Is that fair? Quite surprising if we sign three of the bastards in one summer. Not complaining though!

But I still think we need at least 3 more defenders.

So for the relatively uneducated, are Tonev, Belhanda and Popov quite similar players position-wise, i.e. Versatile attacking midfielders? Is that fair? Quite surprising if we sign three of the bastards in one summer. Not complaining though!

As far as I'm aware all three can play on the wing and all three can play in the central attacking midfield role, so what we could start seeing is a front-line of Popov - Benteke - Tonev with Belhanda playing in the hole behind them. What is concerning is if all three come in where does that leave Agbonlahor and Weimann if they click as a unit. 

Little update for #Villa coming. #AVFC

He has 50,000 followers and has some pretty accurate info I hear.

I am hoping the update is going be Benteke and Andi extending the deals.

This is his update:

Aston Villa look to secure new signing

Aston Villa goalkeeper Shay Given has been targeted by his ex manager Mark Hughes at Stoke City and Hull City. Hull who are all but ready to give up on Kasper Schmeichel as they are unwilling to meet Leicester’s demands for player have decided to move for the Villa veteran, Villa in turn may decide on Kasper Schmeichel as a potential replacement for the Irish goalkeeper. Information via trusted source.

This is his update:

Aston Villa goalkeeper Shay Given has been targeted by his ex manager Mark Hughes at Stoke City and Hull City. Hull who are all but ready to give up on Kasper Schmeichel as they are unwilling to meet Leicester’s demands for player have decided to move for the Villa veteran, Villa in turn may decide on Kasper Schmeichel as a potential replacement for the Irish goalkeeper. Information via trusted source.

Strange? Only a few days ago I was going to post on here that Hull's potential signing Of Kaspar Schmeicel for a reputed 1M was an absolute steal & surely we should be looking to hijack it. This type of signing would represent top value & a real healthy competition that  would keep Brad Guzan on his toes & on top of his game too

Have always rated Kaspar Schmechel & would be overjoyed if there is any truth in this & we make it happen.

Schmeicel going to hull makes more sense since the manager knows him more, way more on a personal level in fact. Bruce son grew up with Kasper, and besides I would reckon that Kasper also wants be the first keeper, not a back up unless it`s a huge club(I mean top 4 or something) Dunno, we will see. Would be great to have him but I don`t see it.

Brilliant none update that you have to click on a website to access, no doubt he takes a healthy profit from advertising.

How cynical of you. :)

Even if he is making money out of it at least it is something a little different to discuss and it's not your money he's taking. :)

Brilliant none update that you have to click on a website to access, no doubt he takes a healthy profit from advertising.

Oh gosh! Someone investing their time to offer a link to a website that costs you nothing, nor forces you to click, and in return he may receive some kind of remuneration??

thinkofthechildren.jpg

As far as I'm aware all three can play on the wing and all three can play in the central attacking midfield role, so what we could start seeing is a front-line of Popov - Benteke - Tonev with Belhanda playing in the hole behind them. What is concerning is if all three come in where does that leave Agbonlahor and Weimann if they click as a unit. 

I really don't see Tonev starting straight away. Nor Popov if he signs.

indykaila News@indykaila25m

This is his update:

Strange? Only a few days ago I was going to post on here that Hull's potential signing Of Kaspar Schmeicel for a reputed 1M was an absolute steal & surely we should be looking to hijack it. This type of signing would represent top value & a real healthy competition that would keep Brad Guzan on his toes & on top of his game too

Have always rated Kaspar Schmechel & would be overjoyed if there is any truth in this & we make it happen.

Whilst £1m for him would be a steal, I don't think he is good enough to displace Guzan but too good to sit on our bench really.