Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

For those who would want/think that we first should/would get defender but many times when it comes to transfers, you have to "go in" when you see opening so that other clubs wouldn't get them first. I'd be very surprised if Lambo isn't already after defender and if he is we might not hear about it before they announce the transfer.

Edit: Lack of rumours isn't proof of inactivity.

Agreed. Potentially bringing in these two Bulgarians for July the 1st makes a lot of sense. Gives them the maximum amount of time to familiarize themselves with the club and the team. General rule of thumb seems to be the further away your previous club was based, the harder it is for them to adjust. Not always the case of course. Talent and personality affects this hugely of course.

What position does Popov play? I've never heard of him.

Promising quotes, I'd love it if we could bring in two players within the next few weeks.

He's very versatile , can play in any attacking position, including on the wing. Probably his best position, as mentioned, is just behind the striker as he's not a prolific goalscorer but is quite creative. In other words he's not the kind of player who'd score 20 goals a season, but at his best he could get 10 goals and 10 assists. If Villa persist with Labert's 4-3-3 from the end of the season he could play on Gabby's or Andi's position, but his versatility would allow him to fit into any formation.

I read today that Nicolas Lombaerts may want to leave zenit as he feels it's time for something new. He only has one year left in his contract, so he can't be too expensive.

He would be a great addition to our defense to partner up with Vlaar, has a lot of experience and leadership quality. He was also never one of the highest earners at zenit, so we can afford him. Downside, he' s injury prone.

I would love it if we got Popov! He carries the Bulgarian national team at the moment and is a real lively customer.

Perhaps bringing Tonev in will act as an inscentive for Popov. Signing players in pairs seems to be the route Newcastle have taken in some cases, whereby a player feels more obliged to move if they know they have another person they can settle with.

Great if true but i'm going to Popov down to the pub.

"@tomharvcar: Aleksander Tonev has just come through customs at BHX according to my mates who works at airport #avfc"

You think he will be locked in a hotel near the Belfry for a few weeks until Lerner sees a pink unicorn fly past his window before the big unveiling?

Some undoubted bollocks about Kurt Zouma coming to us here.

03 Jun 2013 18:30:55

Kurt Zouma mark my words you heard it here 1st i've just put £500 on him joining the Villa as I know a guy who has told me thing which sound very interesting.

Well. I'm Sold.

We have been linked with quite a few attacking players which is surprising. So be nice to be in for a defender

Edited by KSV

"@tomharvcar: Aleksander Tonev has just come through customs at BHX according to my mates who works at airport #avfc"

Unless Tonev had a Poznan shirt on with his name on the back and walked through arrivals holding hands with Petrov, then I highly doubt anyone at BHX would know who he is

• Like 1

Why do people keep saying the likes of Hughes and Zouma are out of our reach? Now I'll openly admit I know next to nothing about either, apart from Hughes having a big reputation. But surely a move to us would be better at this stage would be better for both. It would be less pressurised at us as not expected to win every game, it would still be playing at a higher level and If they do well they could get a big money move to one of the top sides when they have developed more

Unless Tonev had a Poznan shirt on with his name on the back and walked through arrivals holding hands with Petrov, then I highly doubt anyone at BHX would know who he is

Unless said people at BHX are Polish and in turn follow the Polish football league.

:)