Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I think he will revert back to 3-5-2 aswell even though it's a terrible idea. 

not necessarily such a bad system and not necessarily 5 across the middle either, 3-4-3 would work and our front 3 stays the same.

Clark won't be here next season unless he dramatically improves. Club are just ensuring he's not lost on the cheap.

Is this your opinion or have you hear something?

I think it's his opinion and I think he's spot on, we did the same with lichaj and Hogg

People saying we would have five challenging for two positions, imagine us getting two serious injuries and the picture looks alot different. I think PL is trying to ensure that we are not depleted in any area. Furthermore we NEED fierce competition.

People saying we would have five challenging for two positions, imagine us getting two serious injuries and the picture looks alot different. I think PL is trying to ensure that we are not depleted in any area. Furthermore we NEED fierce competition.

Exactly. Baker is injury prone, Vlaar will always have question marks over him due to that long injury last season and Clark is just shit.

Really hope we don't go back to 3-5-2

It worked once against Liverpool which was very much a fluke result and cost us so many points in the games that followed

Edited by AshVilla

Indeed. Anyone remember Herd and Lowton playing center back last season? Nobody wants to see that again.

I think the manager has been giving Herd a run at CB this summer to see if he's capable of playing 5th choice. He clearly isn't.

5 center backs, 3 of which are under 22 is far from overkill. Enjoy having a squad people.

• Like 1

This is what we need really, get a squad of players where there is competition for places, which breeds everyone trying as hard as possible to get and stay in the first team, 5 Center Backs would certainly help that, would also mean we could have a squad capable of going on a long cup run, whilst also keeping on track in the league!

• Like 1

I want us to bring in at least one more defender. In case anyone has forgotten, our defence was effin shit. All season long. It needs as much strengthening as possible. Clean sheets? Remember them? More chance of finding them in a ward for the chronically incontinent than at any of our matches last season.