Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

"Paul and Randy have been great - they really have," added Lambert. "With the Christian thing and the lads we've brought in.

"They've backed it all the way. It's a matter of us trying to get the right personnel and once it starts for real that's the time to start to judge us.

"The new lads that have come in still need a bit of time to settle. But that's why we've done it as early as we did to give them that feeling of what the British game's like. These lads are going to give it a right go.

"We've got everybody in which is good. It's just a matter of getting them altogether and getting them playing the way you want."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8838041/aston-villa-boss-paul-lambert-challenges-christian-benteke-to-repeat-feats

looks like we might be done for the summer

He probably just getting the word out that we are done bringing players in so teams dont think we are desperate to offload the bomb squad in order to fund our own transfers. Thats what I would like to believe anyway but wont be at all surprised if we are actually done for the summer.

• Like 1

"Paul and Randy have been great - they really have," added Lambert. "With the Christian thing and the lads we've brought in.

"They've backed it all the way. It's a matter of us trying to get the right personnel and once it starts for real that's the time to start to judge us.

"The new lads that have come in still need a bit of time to settle. But that's why we've done it as early as we did to give them that feeling of what the British game's like. These lads are going to give it a right go.

"We've got everybody in which is good. It's just a matter of getting them altogether and getting them playing the way you want."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8838041/aston-villa-boss-paul-lambert-challenges-christian-benteke-to-repeat-feats

looks like we might be done for the summer

He probably just getting the word out that we are done bringing players in so teams dont think we are desperate to offload the bomb squad in order to fund our own transfers. Thats what I would like to believe anyway but wont be at all surprised if we are actually done for the summer.

I reckon the ACM is the icing on the cake and so we aren't going to sign a player we aren't extremely confident of being a success. Its a case of if the right player is available and affordable a deal will be done but otherwise there will be no business. At least thats how I read the situation as its no secret that we have made enquires regarding ACM's.

I'm talking about a left back to go straight into the first team, not back up. Right back we're sorted but could do with cover I suppose.

Donacien played RB last night and looked pretty decent. So Herd, Okore, Bacuna and Donacien can a lll fill in if needed.

Whether you like it or not I just don't see us buying any more defenders. We have 2 LBs (plus a few others who can fill in), 1 RB (plus plenty who can fill in), 4 CBs (with a few extra who can fill in). Most of these have either just been signed or have signed contract extension and so they clearly all figure in the manager's plans.

I think we'll get a top AM IF we shift most of the 'bomb squad'.

I agree with Villain4life, the guy frm Anderlecht i think would be a good buy.

Out of the back 4 i can't see a ready made partnership.I like Baker, but for me hes at least 2 years away from being a regular, Vlaar is ok, and Okore looks a good buy, Clark is a waste of time.Now the preferred partnership of Vlaar and Okare does'nt sound a good balance to me, but the guy from Anderlecht alongside Okore , or Vlaar, for me would be a good partnership.

I agree with Villain4life, the guy frm Anderlecht i think would be a good buy.

Out of the back 4 i can't see a ready made partnership.I like Baker, but for me hes at least 2 years away from being a regular, Vlaar is ok, and Okore looks a good buy, Clark is a waste of time.Now the preferred partnership of Vlaar and Okare does'nt sound a good balance to me, but the guy from Anderlecht alongside Okore , or Vlaar, for me would be a good partnership.

Why don't you like Vlaar with Okore?

We might have cover for those positions alright but are they of sufficent quality should we get more injuries?

No, probably not. In an ideal world, we'd have better players in every position. I'm just saying I find it very doubtful that Lambert will be buying any more defenders. 

I wouldn't mind Lucas Piazon from Chelsea on loan.. he wants to go out on loan and he would a premier league club.

Can play multiple positions including attacking midfielder role.

Loans aren't everyones cup of tea mind.

If we had a future fee agreed i wouldnt mind

• Like 1

I think we have decent enough depth for what will hopefully be a season of consolidation. It isn't as if we have to play Europa league as well as PL. Of course it is always nice to get more players in, but I think we have what we need for a mid table finish with plenty of high scoring games, some we'll win some we'll lose.