Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

8.5 mill isn't rediculous anymore

Not with the new TV money

I agree its rediculous spending anywhere near 8.5 mill on that player but these are the kind of fees that will be thrown around this summer

Clubs don't actually get their hands on the increased money til next year I believe, so we may not see as much as some think being spent this summer

• Like 1

I agree its rediculous spending anywhere near 8.5 mill on that player but these are the kind of fees that will be thrown around this summer

You don't just get a 80mill pound cheque you know.

Edited by becks1876

You don't just get a 80mill pound cheque you know.

Think it's paid out over a four maybe five year period and it's closer to 65million for the bottom end of the table.

May miss out right here.

Swansea are still targeting the European market, with FC Twente's Belgian international winger Nacer Chadli the latest to be linked with the Capital One Cup holders.

According to Chadli's agent, Daniel Evrard, Swansea have made a bid for the 23-year-old.

Source BBC Sport: Shelvey story

Edited by Ron87

Twitterphobiaites look away now...

"@AVFCTransTweet: RUMOUR: Ola Toivonen's reps have been sounded out about a potential move. #avfc"

joining Norwich and is a load of crap with and attitude problem. Aint happening

Daily Star reports:

Aston Villa are interested in Nurnberg's Hiroshi Kiyotake.

The Japan international played in the confederations cup and has impressed in the Bundesliga where he made 31 appearances.

Kiyotake, capped 18 times is under contract until 2015.

Nurnberg are reluctant to loose the midfielder and would want 7.5 million.

Sporting director Martin Bader said: "Such inquiries honour is, but Hiroshi is here to stay."

This could be our big signing we've been waiting for! Fingers crossed.

Daily Star reports:

Aston Villa are interested in Nurnberg's Hiroshi Kiyotake.

The Japan international played in the confederations cup and has impressed in the Bundesliga where he made 31 appearances.

Kiyotake, capped 18 times is under contract until 2015.

Nurnberg are reluctant to loose the midfielder and would want 7.5 million.

Sporting director Martin Bader said: "Such inquiries honour is, but Hiroshi is here to stay."

This could be our big signing we've been waiting for! Fingers crossed.

We'll never get him - you can't haggle with Yoda :mrgreen:

• Like 2

Did I read somewhere that there is a recent club policy to not pay fees for players over 24 years old? Or did I just make that up somehow?

I haven't heard or read that myself now but I wouldn't believe that even if I did. Strange policy for any club to have. If the right player is wanted by the manager and they happen to be over 24 then I think we'd pay for them if need be.

Edited by Killeen30