Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

I think some of the comments about thatcher and her family probably say more about the people making them than thatcher and her family.

Whilst I'm not one to aim poor taste comments at any dead person or their family, I think your comment displays a massive amount of ignorance and/or naivety.
actually no, my comment displays a massive amount of decency.

Well I guess that's more than she ever showed.

• Like 2

On comments about her backing a dictatorial regime, which one? Pinochet? The financial and military backing she gave to Suharto? Or the billion pounds she loaned to Saddam Hussein to buy weapons?

• Like 2

I've just got back from Thatcher's house after grabbing a couple of bottles of milk back.

In all seriouness just been listening to the local radio station on way into work and people phoning in. She wasn't a well liked woman at all was she.

With regard to her funeral I can't believe we are going to fork out millions in taxpayers money funding it.  Surely the most fitting tribute is to **** her in a coal sack and throw her down an abandoned pit shaft. Its about all the bitch deserves.

I think some of the comments about thatcher and her family probably say more about the people making them than thatcher and her family.

Whilst I'm not one to aim poor taste comments at any dead person or their family, I think your comment displays a massive amount of ignorance and/or naivety.

It is hypocrisy of the highest order to call for decency from those recalling the life of someone who showed very little decency during her life.

• Like 1

I've just got back from Thatcher's house after grabbing a couple of bottles of milk back.

In all seriouness just been listening to the local radio station on way into work and people phoning in. She wasn't a well liked woman at all was she.

With regard to her funeral I can't believe we are going to fork out millions in taxpayers money funding it.  Surely the most fitting tribute is to **** her in a coal sack and throw her down an abandoned pit shaft. Its about all the bitch deserves.

Hey, I'm happy for my tax money to be finally put towards a good cause, making sure that thing goes deep into the ground.

The real question is, do we get a day off or not?!

It is hypocrisy of the highest order to call for decency from those recalling the life of someone who showed very little decency during her life.

it would only be hypocrisy if I did not display similar decency for someone from the other side of the political divide, or didnt call for it for someone from the other side of the political divide.

I am willing to accept that it may be naively to call for decency from people who are singularly incapable of displaying any decency, but it is not hypocrisy.

it would only be hypocrisy if I did not display similar decency for someone from the other side of the political divide, or didnt call for it for someone from the other side of the political divide.

I am willing to accept that it may be naively to call for decency from people who are singularly incapable of displaying any decency, but it is not hypocrisy.

Yes it is. Why seem surprised that some people may have shown a level of indecency to a person who proved she was singularly incapable of displaying any decency in her life?

Disappointment really that people can be so openly hypocritical themselves.

They complain about a lack of decency from Baroness Thatcher ( by the way an incorrect assessment ) and then in describing her death and reacting to it display total lack of decency, that is hypocrisy and although to be expected from some it is none the less frustrating for that.

I always find it interesting when such over he top comments are made about someone not many on here will have met or interacted with on a personal level. All I can say is if someone who I disliked intently were to die I would not display the crass and undignified response that some have demonstrated in response to Mrs Thatcher for that person. I would not wish death on the remaining members of that persons family, I would not celebrate or dance on their picture. To do so would be t demonstrate the poor behaviour of which I despised in that person.

• Like 3

. All I can say is if someone who I disliked intently were to die

I think the difference here Trickie is the 'dislike' thing.

For a great, great many, attitudes go way beyong dislike, and go all the way to hatred. Many have had their lives turned upside down by her rule. I can understand their anger and hatred.

Richard, to accuse people, whose actions and words you know very little, of being 'singularly incapable of displaying any decency' and yet be blind to the indecency of someone whose actions and words were there for all to see, is indecency in itself. Don't sink to their level and then criticise them; it is hypocritical.

• Like 2

What a shame that this post from the beginning of the thread is being completely ignored.

As is the case when anyone (particularly someone so divisive) dies, can we try to keep a level of respect to the thread please.

The worst thing about it though is that certain members of the moderation staff are either turning a blind eye to the disgusting disrespectful comments in this thread or worse are actually involved with it.

You need to read the guidelines

There is no guideline about speaking ill of the dead, nor will there be. We ask that you as members respect each other... and so far that is still happening here.

It shows you what a divided nation we live in; she was liked by some, loathed by others. Few politicians have been as divisive as her. 

John Major, Tony Blair, David Cameron and Gordon Brown might all be disliked, and even hated by some, but I doubt any will be partying when they die. Nor will the leader column inches be dedicated to them in such a way...

Did she ruin Britain? Britain was going down the tube long before the Grocer’s daughter came on the scene...

• Like 1

Â