Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

What a shame that this post from the beginning of the thread is being completely ignored.

As is the case when anyone (particularly someone so divisive) dies, can we try to keep a level of respect to the thread please.

The worst thing about it though is that certain members of the moderation staff are either turning a blind eye to the disgusting disrespectful comments in this thread or worse are actually involved with it.

You need to read the guidelines

There is no guideline about speaking ill of the dead, nor will there be. We ask that you as members respect each other... and so far that is still happening here.

Well how about the offensive  jokes go in the joke thread where there is a warning note attached  , there is a guideline for that

How about those that aren't dead ? For Posters  to say I wish people's family members dead is disgusting , this isn't North Korea where the sins of the family carry a life sentence , even if the offspring aern't exactly the nicest people you'll ever meet

Some of the comments on here are frankly disgusting , nobody is forcing people to mourn Thatcher  , nobody is asking them to forgive her , but personally i treat people I meet in life with a certain level of decency and respect  , clearly a lot of people aren't capable of it  .... we had a piss on Thatchers grave link FFS  ...

I think the mods let their personal feelings get in the way in this thread and were found drunk at the wheel   , hardly VT finest moment You need to read the guidelines

There is no guideline about speaking ill of the dead, nor will there be. We ask that you as members respect each other... and so far that is still happening here. Comment on moderation is not permitted in threads.

Edited by blandy
  • Like 2

. All I can say is if someone who I disliked intently were to die

I think the difference here Trickie is the 'dislike' thing.

For a great, great many, attitudes go way beyong dislike, and go all the way to hatred. Many have had their lives turned upside down by her rule. I can understand their anger and hatred.

Jon,  use dislike,  use hate if you want.

If there was someone I hated,  and believe it or not there may well be,  it would not result in the same level of undignified and crass response from me as to do so would be demonstrating the same lack of decency I would accuse that person of.

The level of dislike should not affect the level of ones own decency.

• Like 1

I have quite enjoyed the back and forth between everyone on this thread, those people who are calling for the insult's to stop must have expected it as opinion on her is so split, at the end of the day they are sounding off on a forum which has no connection with MT at all, they are not going and banging on MT's kid's doors and screaming abuse through their letterbox are they.

this was always going to cause a major split between everyone, if you agree with the comments or not it wont stop people saying the stuff that you may not like, there have been enough ''sensible'' posts in here to skim over the ones you dont like and reply to the ones who are actually trying to engage in a bit of a debate about her.

• Like 2

I think it's those that are defending Thatcher that need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror. However they are entitled to their opinions but it seems that they are not happy to hear the opposing view. Much like Thatcher.

Millions of people hated her and rightly so. Some may find some of the posts in bad taste or indecent but come on get real these are just words on a forum and won't affect anyone's lives in an adverse way. What that evil bitch did destroyed communities and ruined people's lives to the point many took their own due to the actions of her and her government. Some people really do need to wake up, get real and stop being so precious.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I think it's those that are defending Thatcher that need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror. However they are entitled to their opinions but it seems that they are not happy to hear the opposing view. Much like Thatcher.

Millions of people hated her and rightly so. Some may find some of the posts in bad taste or indecent but come on get real these are just words on a forum and won't affect anyone's lives in an adverse way. What that evil bitch did destroyed communities and ruined people's lives to the point many took their own due to the actions of her and her government. Some people really do need to wake up, get real and stop being so precious.

I've not seen anyone say people can't post opposing views   and you'd have to have been living on Mars not to have expected it

there is a difference between opposing views and bile though

• Like 2

it's the internet

admittedly it's a quite well controlled and monitored part of the internet, but it's still the internet and we are almost all adults

there are threads I don't like

I no longer contribute to the religion thread, it clearly isn't for me, there were people getting aggressively abusive, so I've ducked out.

As my dear old nan would say when mildly offended suggestiveness on the tv, 'there is an off button you ****'.

yes but no

you TV has a watershed and thus you wouldn't expect to see certain things before that watershed  .... we have threads that carry warnings if they are NSFW or may be offensive  ... this thread doesn't carry one

• Like 1

I've not seen anyone say people can't post opposing views   and you'd have to have been living on Mars not to have expected it

there is a difference between opposing views and bile though

I refer you to my previous post and the one of Chrisp above. People need to stop being so precious. Some may find some of the posts in bad taste but it is an internet forum an no one will be hurt by these words. And of course what you see as bile many others will not.

I am not really sure what you expected the reaction to be to someone who runied peoples lives and was despised by millions. Hate isn't a strong enough word for many.

I am not really sure what you expected the reaction to be to someone who runied peoples lives and was despised by millions. Hate isn't a strong enough word for many.

Why i expected some to come out in support of the IRA  , what else would you expect on an internet forum :rolleyes:

it was only 5 people that died during that cowardly attack

disgusting  and nowt to do with being precious

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

it's the internet

admittedly it's a quite well controlled and monitored part of the internet, but it's still the internet and we are almost all adults

there are threads I don't like

I no longer contribute to the religion thread, it clearly isn't for me, there were people getting aggressively abusive, so I've ducked out.

As my dear old nan would say when mildly offended suggestiveness on the tv, 'there is an off button you ****'.

yes but no

you TV has a watershed and thus you wouldn't expect to see certain things before that watershed  .... we have threads that carry warnings if they are NSFW or may be offensive  ... this thread doesn't carry one

I've seen nothing in this thread I haven't expected to see.

I'll go further, I expected worse, I expected a shit storm the mods would have to close down.

Well how about the offensive  jokes go in the joke thread where there is a warning note attached  , there is a guideline for that

How about those that aren't dead ? For Posters  to say I wish people's family members dead is disgusting , this isn't North Korea where the sins of the family carry a life sentence , even if the offspring aern't exactly the nicest people you'll ever meet

Some of the comments on here are frankly disgusting , nobody is forcing people to mourn Thatcher  , nobody is asking them to forgive her , but personally i treat people I meet in life with a certain level of decency and respect  , clearly a lot of people aren't capable of it  .... we had a piss on Thatchers grave link FFS  ...

I think the mods let their personal feelings get in the way in this thread and were found drunk at the wheel   , hardly VT finest moment

I think you are way over-sensitive.

Virtually every RIP thread has had jokes about the deceased.   Thats what happens on the internet.

Look at the Michael Jackson thread, Jimmy Saville thread, etc...     did you complain about those? they were much much worse.

this Thatcher thread has been politically-correct PG-rated compared to other threads. 

• Like 3

In the olden days, she'd have been burnt at the stake. And rightly so.

I suspect she would have been the one doing the burning. Right up her street. 

In the olden days, she'd have been burnt at the stake. And rightly so.

You could have sold tickets for which of us gets to douse her in petrol and light the match. Could have cleared the deficit with the money made rather than the millions that her funeral is going to cost us. Millions that the most needy and vulnerable in society have constantly had rammed down their throats that we don't have. Its **** disgusting the state are footing the bill given how she was so anti it.

Are we also footing the bill for her grave? I'd imagine it will be pretty impressive although I am a little concerned they won't be able to make the dance floor big enough.

• Like 1

Politicians want a state funeral...

That's fine but let the family pay for it please i don't want any of our tax payers money being spent on it

No they don't - and she won't be getting one (not that she wanted one)

It will be the same as the Queen Mum's or Di.

(except with more arrests, booing and prison sentences)

The Met will have to be on their game next thursday. (Or they could just make it up and randomly blame Scousers for old times sake.)

Edited by Eames

Â