Sunderland

Richard

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Moyes throwing his players under the bus. 

Sunderland are a relegation waiting to happen. Just like we were. Its got to happen this year surely 

Yep and it could be the last nail in Moyes' coffin. Whatever he had at Everton (if he even had much then) he's well and truely lost.  

They have to drop this season. As a club they need it in the same way we did. I don't know if Ellis Short is actively looking to sell the club, but they need a change of owner, he's nearly as useless as Lerner was.

Edited by PieFacE

They need relegation. Won't be pretty for a few years but long term (serious long term) it's beneficial in my opinion both for fans and club.

Even as fans I'd imagine they are sick of it (just like we were) Championship hasn't been all that great for us but to be honest I am still enjoying it despite languishing in 17th.

David Moyes doing another David Moyes I see.  Coming out and saying they'll struggle to avoid relegation unless they buy well in January.  In other words 'What I've got now is shite'.  Good man Dave.  He'll get that squad running through brick walls.  Although it'll be in order to get away from Sunderland FC.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BOF said:

David Moyes doing another David Moyes I see.  Coming out and saying they'll struggle to avoid relegation unless they buy well in January.  In other words 'What I've got now is shite'.  Good man Dave.  He'll get that squad running through brick walls.  Although it'll be in order to get away from Sunderland FC.

He really is a busted flush.

Most damning thing I've seen about him this season came from Pienaar where he was pretty much saying that he had lost his edge and gone a little soft. He tried to spin it as a positive but it clearly wasn't.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He really is a busted flush.

Most damning thing I've seen about him this season came from Pienaar where he was pretty much saying that he had lost his edge and gone a little soft. He tried to spin it as a positive but it clearly wasn't.

Managers are like prize fighters....too many defeats and the doubt creeps in......they peak and drop in the main.

its good to have a manager on the way up..... not on the way down.

you are right busted flush.

ps Don't think Sir Ron did that well without TB or after he moved on.....left it all with us. 

21 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They need relegation. Won't be pretty for a few years but long term (serious long term) it's beneficial in my opinion both for fans and club.

People would have said the same about us and they weren't right then and you're not right now. Every club needs to stay in the premier league because of the vast money that's there. Once you drop out you're at HUGE disadvantage.

What they need is a new owner. IIRC they, just like we had, have a clueless American owner who's heart's not in it and doesn't really know what he is doing. I think Ellis Short is just there for a quick profit IMO and he might get his fingers burnt.

I couldnt understand why he turned us down to take over at Sunderland. We were down and had the promise of major backing. Sunderland were always going to down fighting and if they were relegated it would be him that took them down.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't know how but Sunderland have managed to worse our start last year. Officially the worst start for a premier league team this century.

seems we might have got a lucky escape with moyes!

I think Manure job and the failure in Spain broke him completely.

21 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

I think Manure job and the failure in Spain broke him completely.

Looks like he won't get any more top jobs if he fails at Sunderland. Bet he is maybe regretting turning us down. No matter how this turns out with Bruce, I will always respect him more than moyes. Certainly has more balls and courage

I know he's not doing particularly well but let's not pretend that this is massively out of the norm for Blunderland. 

Maybe the music will finally stop for them this season, but frankly it's about five seasons later than it should have done. 

Â