Sunderland

Richard

well let's think? Mon leaves they have to cut back on expenditure, bring in a foreign manager with a reputation for dividing the dressing room and where it was never going to last, club struggles and foreign manager leaves , they then appoint a rubbish manager who has "dubious" abilities and no one wants? Either Mcleish or in fact how about pardew? Nah never going to happen!
please don't sack di canio yet!
  • Like 1

I feel sorry for the Sunderland fans. Take a good following on 400 mile round trips to have the clown serve up tripe like yesterday.

Their attitude, obsession and vitriol towards us after we signed Bent means I will never feel sorry for them.

Sunderland used to be a well respected club, when they won the cup in 73 as a second division side beating the mighty Leeds. They have become a bit of a joke now. Bringing in De Canio despite his reputation with the salutes etc was poor, He might have kept them up last season but they are only going one way this season. They will get rid of him before its too late. I'd be amazed if they went for Mcleish! His reputation has gone. Both Newcastle and Sunderland fans seem to have an intense dislike for Villa. Obviously we sent Newcastle down one year but get over it! Maybe they are jealous because the support they have in the north east they really haven't achieved anything in the last 50/60 years.

Rumours circulating he will be sacked tomorrow

Even if he isn't he will be soon enough

It was always going to turn out this way and to think they absolutely adored him after their first two games, everyone knew it would turn sour but them

Mcleish would be fantastic

• Like 2

Sky Italia (or rather one of there journos) put it on twitter an hour ago that PDC future will be decided in the morning, some Sunderland fans who say they are itk reckon he will resign tonight.

As noted earlier:American owner sanctions O'Neill signing a load of overpriced British players CHECKBring in Continental manager with a penchant for being divisive CHECKWe've read this novel before, and the next chapter is McLeish.

A bit harsh on Houllier being linked with Di Canio.

Some of the present squad are getting away with it I feel.

I feel Di Canio has made some errors, Sunderland defence is the worst and most disorganised in the league for me (yes worse than ours), I like Westwood but think he's just a number 2 at this level and Mannone isn't that better.

John O'shea was a decent utilty RB and defensive midfield but that was at Man. United, he is way out of his depth at CB and I don't have a clue who the other players in defence are.

Midfield....Adam Johnson used to be a good player right? Terrible signing for Sunderland, he has done very little for them and is hiding right now I think.

Upfront...despite much hype through scoring in Holland Altidore isn't doing much and Borini doesn't guarantee many goals does he?

The more I look at it the more they just seem this season's car crash version of QPR e.g. just throw together a whole heap of unknown players and hope it magically turns out alright.

They've actually had a reasonably comfortable start to the season so now the harder games are coming they will probably be cut adrift at the bottom even if they change manager.

I don't think Sunderland as a club have ever recovered from those two awful prem seasons when they finished bottom on 16-20 points. Always seems an air of doom and gloom around there whoever is manager and however much they spend on getting a new squad.

Â