• Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Bannan 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 62)
    • El Ahmadi (for Sylla 76)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

This thread will open automatically at the end of the game. A MotM poll will be added later.

Liverpool were good enough to win regardless of the defensive **** up

but no matter how anyone spins it, it is the fact that Lambert didn't bring in enough strength and experience to the team in the summer or January that will send us down.

his gamble has not paid off despite all the promise shown by the players he has brought in

"How to lose a football match in 45 minutes"

starring Aston Villa football club

We've been in quite a few of these movies this season haven't we

A nice defeat just as Di Canio arrives at Sunderland to keep them up with his personality alone

That second half was awful.

No tempo, aimless passing and uninspiring substitutions.

I'd also like to mention the crowd. I was at the QPR game and even when we were losing and QPR equalized, the place was buzzing. I honestly believe the crowd drove Villa onto the win that day...

Today, it sounded like there were 20,000 there. No singing or anything from what I could hear through the TV.

Classic game of two halves. Liverpool played well in the second half, but we just didnt look interested. There was no urgency.   

Our next few games are vital though.  Stoke away is a must not lose game.  Fulham at home is must win.  Manchester United is irrelevant.  Sunderland at home is must win. 

And a clean sheet would be nice at some point too. 

How many times this season? 

Great for about a third of the game and them shite for the remainder and yet again we can't defend a lead.

Whatever league we are in next season a major overhaul of the squad is needed starting with recruiting a more experienced CB and DM.

Liverpool deserved the 3 points but it certainly wouldn't have been a smash and grab had we got something from that, both teams rode their luck at various points.

It wasn't the best but based on that display I don't see why we can't go into the games against Stoke, Fulham and Sunderland confident of getting the results we need.

Edited by flamingsombrero

Where the **** were the 42,000?

Eh?  Is this one of those "man who watched game on TV has a pop at people who actually went to the game" posts, or is it something else?  <_<

• Like 1

We still can't produce two decent halves of football in the same match. Desperately poor second half, created nothing after that header was cleared off the line.

Such a bad decision from Baker to go sliding in for the pen, don't know what he was thinking.

A game that told us nothing we didn't already know.

This was a bonus game that didn't matter as much that we lost it than if we lose to Fulham or Stoke.

That said it is still incredibly disappointing that we didn't get anything from the game as it was there for the taking.

I turned if off after the penalty, but in summary my ratings go:

Guzan - 7 - reliable once again

Bennett - 6

Vlaar - 7

Baker - 5 ... thought he had a decent game, but once again massively let down by a moment of **** stupidity. Story of our season

Lowton - 7 ... excellent cross for Agbonahor's misser.

Bannan - 0 ... once again by far the worst player on the pitch and an absolute liability. Gave the ball away 3 times in incredibly dangerous situations. His crossing from deep was pathetic, and his corner (s) was once again floaty and too easy to defend again. Getting a bit sick of having him in the team week after week now... he isn't good enough and should be put into the reserves.

Westwood - 5 ... lacking confidence ... hardly a surprise with all the wallies around him though

Sylla - 5 ... might come good one day, but that day might cost us our PL status

Agbonlahor - 5 ... stinker. Him on form today and we'd have won. Simple.

Benteke - 8 ... love the bloke. He control, his composure, his finishing. Shame we'll only see him for one season at VP.

Weimann - 6 ... okay

Â