• Sylla
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Bannan 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 62)
    • El Ahmadi (for Sylla 76)

Well that rather petered out. Weren't really a threat from the instant the half-time whistle blew.

For perhaps a tad over a third of the game we looked a decent Premier League side. Alas, youthful (read: stupid) mistakes nearly (Bannan to Suarez) and then actually did (Baker on Suarez) do us in. Had ref Mason been watching Carragher closely at set pieces we'd have had at least one penalty, but I don't think we deserved much more than zero points on the whole. If it wasn't for Guzan they'd have had a few more, which is a common refrain for a Villa fan.

I figure the 17th-placed team will need 38 points at the end. Massively important to us is the next Sunderland appointee... it's between us, them and QPR. Wigan seemingly always squirm out of it.

We won't beat Liverpool at VP until Gerrard retires. Shit 2nd half performance today and to be honest I can't see us getting enough points to overtake Wigan or Sunderland.

Also, why can't we just get some luck in front of goal and have a deflected shot go in. Typical that Gabby's miss from 5 yards has effectively cost us today.

Where the **** were the 42,000?

Eh?  Is this one of those "man who watched game on TV has a pop at people who actually went to the game" posts, or is it something else?  <_<

I think what he really means is 'Man' we are still fcuking shite under lambert and will always will be!

• Like 1

Where the **** were the 42,000?

Eh?  Is this one of those "man who watched game on TV has a pop at people who actually went to the game" posts, or is it something else?  <_<

I share Keyblades opinion! If you actually have the chance to go to a match then scream your heart out for 90 minutes a week and help the lads! 

PS: Booing our players on the ball is going to give them all the confidence they need!!  :bang:

I actually feel very deflated by that half atsed performance and result. Very unprofessional display and the players revert back to looking like they don't give a ****. Bannan has played his last game as far as I'm concerned, what a ridiculous performance that was. Gerrard and Johnson did anyone tackle either of them all game ?

As for our corners, all season we've tossed it off instead of addressing the ineptness .

We are back to square one and we will lose at stoke and be in big big trouble.

Wouldn't have minded a point today but the 2nd half performance didn't warrant one. Still think Sunderland are in free fall and they will go down no matter who they get as manager, Fletcher loss is massive for them. We will continue to score goals just need to cut out the silly mistakes at the back.

A bit more urgency towards the end would have been nice but overall the better team won.

On another note, Steven Gerrard is a cock. What sort of example is it for kids when the England captain is arguing with the red over a correct decision!?

And the atmosphere was flat from the start. A woman (who'd obviously bought a ticket just for this game) had a go at me for standing up on the holte end. Fair weather **** fans.

Guzan 8 - again kept the score down

Lowton 7 - tidy, lovely cross for gabby

Vlaar 6 - hungover ?

Baker 5 - daft challenge in box

Bennett 7 - improving

Bannan 3 - very nervous , confidence shot

Westwood 6 - not one of his better days

Weimann 6 - struggled, not sure 100% fit

Syllah 6 - settling in well

Gabby 5 - fluffed his lines badly

Benteke 7 - machine

NZogbia 5

KEA 5

Delph 6

As a slight aside how the f was stevie g MOTM ?

He ran the game

Guzan 8 - again kept the score down

Lowton 7 - tidy, lovely cross for gabby

Vlaar 6 - hungover ?

Baker 5 - daft challenge in box

Bennett 7 - improving

Bannan 3 - very nervous , confidence shot

Westwood 6 - not one of his better days

Weimann 6 - struggled, not sure 100% fit

Syllah 6 - settling in well

Gabby 5 - fluffed his lines badly

Benteke 7 - machine

NZogbia 5

KEA 5

Delph 6

As a slight aside how the f was stevie g MOTM ?

He ran the game

What do you have to do to score less than 3 in your system? Anything over a 5yd pass went astray for Bannan... he didn't do one positive thing the whole game and about 30 negative things.

On another note, Steven Gerrard is a cock. What sort of example is it for kids when the England captain is arguing with the red over a correct decision!?

Yes... I'd like to know how it got to the point whereby any player can direct expletive-laden invective in the face of referees and nothing comes of it. Regardless of the referee's decision, this will never be acceptable. Gerrard was guilty at least twice today.

Â